Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Christine's RAW JOURNAL
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 27, 2007 02:26PM

Week 1

It's day 6, RAW. Started journey Nov 22,2007. Goal is to journal weekly here.

Journaling for motivation and others input/encouragement. Please feel free to give me your opinions and personal experiences smiling smiley

Im age 53, having faith that it's never too late to start taking care of me. Weight and blood sugar issues are destroying my life. Im taking no medications of any sort.

Reading Dr. Cousens, and seeing the video re: 30/days raw for diabetics, I was inspired to go Raw and stick with it for health and spiritual reasons.

Stats:
FBS (fasting blood sugar): 211 (5am)
Weight:173 Height: 5'4"

Health concerns: No energy, weakness, chronic low back pain, muscle pain.

Feeling horrible detox, cravings, trying not to eat for every craving.

Considering several short green/drink fasts soon.

A typical day:
Dominating with veggies/greens/sprouts,using 2 fruits a day max, like oranges, papayas,berries.Goji berries, flax, nuts, seeds, avos.

When i get cravings i have a big glass of water first. Then may munch on whatever.
Im aware that i have to gradually incorporate a better balance with my raw foods, but this first month going raw im focusing more on not going back to cooked foods.

I figured out cooked food is so alluring........the scents of meals cooking smiling smiley
Unfortunately i still have to cook for family members, facing the reality that they arent ready to make strict changes now. Keeping hopeful though.

Peace to all,
C

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Christine's RAW JOURNAL
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: November 27, 2007 03:02PM

Just popping in to say hello!!

The green smoothies sounds like a grand idea--excellent for cravings

Its never too late for raw!!! The detox may be rough but worth it for sure.

is the limiting fruit due to sugar concearns? you may find after a few weeks you are able to include more fruits perhaps--these definately help me stay raw and satisfied.

Try making some transitional meals for your dinner perhaps that you can share with family?? Like the zuchini pasta, sauces, a nice big raw mezze..then perhaps add some cous cous for the family?? that way everyone is included and you have a broad spectrum of veggies to choose from...just an idea!

Wishing you all the best!!

xx

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 28, 2007 02:26PM

Day 7

Thanks rawdance for sharing. Question what is "raw mezze"?
Food boredom is setting in, it's a big problem for me, as i dont have the energy or motivation now to create interesting raw meals. Wishing a raw genie cook would just "poof", appear in my kitchen......lol.

Yes, going with less fruit for now, more green. Seeing how my body responds.

Feeling the detox, yuch.
Back pain is still bad.
No energy.
FBS: (6am) 184
Wt: 174

Till manana,
C

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: November 28, 2007 03:24PM

Mmm.. for a mezze I would put together the following items :

raw olives

spicey salsa

zuchini hummous

chickpea hummous

onion bread ((optional))

wraps -- romaine or kale leaves -- stuffed with chives and cashew cheeze

some zuchini pasta and sauce could add??

just easy yummy finger type food, which everyone will enjoy..and then serve a bowl of cous cous for the family perhaps??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables