Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

~~my returnings to raw~~
Posted by: mystic ()
Date: May 12, 2006 07:49PM

My returnings to raw began circa Monday 5/8
First sickness in about 3.5 years.

Monday -
Had green smoothie for breakfast, fruit for snack, and salad with a few beans (cooked), and later more fruit

Tuesday -
Ate raw all day until evening, when I started feeling detox/cold symptoms (tickle in throat, sneezy). Had a small piece of tofu to slow down detox.

Wednesday -
Woke up with huge headache and stronger symptoms. Almost called in sick to work, but headache went away and decided to go in. Fasted all day on green juice and water. In the evening, had 2 oranges. Felt good despite being 'sick'.

Wednesday night -
Felt very feverish, had trouble sleeping. On the brink of being delirious, but since I was conscious of it, it probably wasn't 'real' delirium. Intense soul-body detox.

Thursday -
Stayed home to give my body the rest it needed. Blackhead fell out on its own. Had a cup or so of grapes and a banana, had nothing but water and bit of juice the rest of the day. Amazingly felt really really good considering coughing up so much phlegm and having to blow my nose frequently. Had energy, it was weird, but refreshing! Noticed that my chronic lower backache was much less noticeable, especially considering how much I'd been laying in bed and sitting on the couch. Noticed my skin and eyes glowing more than (what I used to consider) normal.

Thursday night -
Slept pretty well, once my nose stopped leaking.

Friday -
Woke up feeling good. Coughed up phlegm and went to work. Drinking lots of water. Had some strawberries and 2 bananas for lunch. Might have a few grapes for dinner. Taking advantage of the lack of hunger for the sake of detox. Still pretty stuffy and a bit sneezy.

My goals at this point are to be high-raw and maintain it for a long period of time. Beans will be allowed here and there, unless they start giving me problems. I am also working on my emotional attachment/addiction to food/overeating.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ~~my returnings to raw~~
Posted by: Oneris ()
Date: May 12, 2006 08:44PM

Congratulations and welcome back! grinning smiley

Date: May 17, 2006 04:45PM

Thanks, Oneris.

I was all-raw over the weekend except for a plate of Thai food (we'd been planning to go out to Thai long before my decision to return to raw). My illness is still lingering around. To add to that, I think I'm premenstrual, which has lead to some unhealthy food choices the past couple days, which in turn, has lead to my sickness lingering. What a cycle! smiling smiley

Overall I'm in good spirits. My cough is really the only thing lingering, and it's diminished greatly so I think I'll be better by the weekend.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 18, 2006 04:02AM

Hello
We are starting out at the same time. When I was growing up, my mom had cancer, and she used raw foods as part of her treatment, she has been cancer free for almost thirty years now. I have always known that this was the way to be, but I am very addicted to cooked foods. Would you like a buddy?
heather

Date: May 23, 2006 01:39PM

Well I haven't been sticking to the program very well this past week. The last of my cold is still lingering around. I've made some poor food choices, but they were all vegan, so that's something, right?

Today I'm going to try to be raw all day. I NEED it.

Breakfast: watermelon
an hour later: a banana

I have more watermelon, grapes, an apple, orange and another banana with me at work, so I shouldn't be getting hungry for other foods. I'll have a big salad for dinner with lettuce, kale, tomato, and carrots.

That's the plan.

This week is nice as I get to walk home from work (@40 minutes) everyday and bask in the sun.

Date: May 24, 2006 01:36PM

Well yesterday I got a lot of sun. Had my fruit lunch outside, and then my walk. I stopped by a park and sat under a tree for a little while. I had my big salad, but I was really hungry so I added tofu to it. Then I had some crackers. And a piece of apple pie. Ugh. I crashed! Finally I got up the energy to go to the store and stock up on lots of fresh fruit and veggies. Luckily most of the tempting junk food is out of the house now (the tempting foods being the sweets).

Today so far-
breakfast: strawberry/banana/lettuce smoothie
mid-morning: a have a bottled green juice, I know it's not raw, but it makes me feel really good and helps me stay on track.
lunch will be a salad with red leaf lettuce, red cabbage, kale, carrot, and sunflower seeds. And probably fruit.

Date: May 24, 2006 08:40PM

Before lunch came I was getting very hungry so I had a banana. THen about an hour later, I had my salad which was excellent. I ate that outside. Beautiful weather.

Couple hours later, I had nearly a whole pint of strawberries. Yum! I'm doing so great so far today. I hope - I mean, I *manifest* that I will stay raw today. I know if I do, tomorrow I will wake up feeling absolutely fabulous! And that's what I want. MUST STAY INSPIRED, PASSIONATE, DEVOTED.

*Greens are enlightening*

I actually wrote a couple songs last year inspired by the way I felt raw.

Gods & Goddesses

The goddess in me
longs to be
united in cosmic ecstasy
with the god in you

The goddess in me
needs to be
unleashed from layers of apathy,
released from what I used to be

I'm livin' in the raw now,
I'm baring my whole soul now,
I'm feelin' higher than a kite
Dawn is finally brightening night
I remember our birthright,
We're all gods and goddesses inside

The goddess I am
gentle as a lamb
loves to laugh and play as much as she can,
and loves to dance for her man

The gods that we are
shine bright like stars,
look at just how very far
our lives have become aligned with our hearts

I'm livin' in the raw now,
I'm baring my whole soul now,
I'm feelin' higher than a kite
Dawn is finally brightening night
We remember our birthrights,
You're a gods and I'm a goddess inside
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Magical Life

The grass is greener
the heat is sweeter
the knife cuts deeper since the shield came down
The lens is cleaner
My senses keener
My eyes are clearer since the light poured out

The birds sing loudly
Wake me from sound sleep
They live their destiny so subtly
I am right here now
In the land of the Tao
The plants surrounding know how to be

To live a magical life
To live a natural life
To live by natural law
To exist in the raw

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That one's a work in progress. I think there's another verse but I can't remember offhand.

Date: May 25, 2006 02:13PM

Well I stayed raw yesterday, at least all my solids were raw. I still have soy milk in the house which I'd hate to throw out. So I had just a tiny bit of that yesterday, and some of the non-raw green juice. But I consider the day a success. I had abundant energy and enjoyed my walk thoroughly.

Today:
Breakfast- half a pineapple
mid-morning - the other half

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables