Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw foods to help intractable migraine
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 15, 2006 03:01AM

Hi --

Tomorrow, after three months of reading every raw foods book that I could get my hands on, I am starting a raw foods diet. To get things off to a good start, I am going to do a colon cleanse fast in order to rid of all the migraine-stopping chemicals that have been stored in my body these last eight years; I'm scared. Scared of detoxing, scared of going through caffeine withdrawl, scared of continuing to live my life with pharmacy prescriptions totaling 200.00+ -- and that's just with my copays!
God has really blessed me with a job this year that has allowed me to at least get back on my feet and reduce the number of migraines each month. But, in less than three months, school goes back, and I'll be back to teaching 150 inner-city teenagers a day -- lots of stress. This is really the only time that I have to get going on the raw diet to get my base up before I start back to school. My migraines have have lessened in intensity, and I think that is because I decided to stop taking all the meds that doctors have had me on. The last eight years we have tried over 25 different types of pharmaceuticals, and what I have discovered in this journey is that doctors are just people; they don't know the causation of things any more than non-doctors do. I cringe to think how polluted my body must be with all of the meds that I have stuffed down my throat, and I can't wait to get rid of them! No more!
Two weeks ago, I went to Amish faith healer, Solomon Wickey, up in Auburn, Indiana. I think that he brought me to the final raw conclusion. No one is going to take my health into their hands as lovingly as I can. So, tomorrow is it. I am going to have to tell my wonderful husband and three kids that Mom may be a bit*( for a while; I just hope that I am too bad, since they were all so good to me on Mother's Day.
The truth of the matter is is that I am sick and tired of being sick and tired -- no energy. Hopefully the raw diet will help. I plan on keeping a daily journal of my thoughts, feelings, and body's actions during this three month timeframe. I am so glad that I found this website to get and give support! Bless each of you! In His grip --- Elizabeth

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw foods to help intractable migraine
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 17, 2006 07:38PM

I am in pain. PAIN. My headache woke me up this morning; and just got worse as the day progressed. This is my first day on the start of the raw foods/Blessed Herbs detoxification diet. For today and the next day, I will slowly take myself down to five days of liquids plus the toxin absorber and the digestive stimulator. It is Gorgeous here today, and here I am with my head smashing. Smashing.
I took a bike ride, steamed my head in the shower and meditated. That helped. At least I don't have the squeezing sensation in my head like I did. Now its just more like a knife through my left eye and someone pinching the back of the left side on my head.
I am going to try and stick with the raw foods thing for several reasons; 1: this is the perfect time, literally, the perfect time to do this. The kids are still in school for another two weeks and I am done teaching until August. Second, I have got to get my health under control for when I do go back to school in August. Starting a pilot reading program with kids at-risk is going to be very, very enjoyable -- and stressful. If I can somehow mananged to get my health and head better, I won't be subject to the ridiculous amounts of headaches. Those are good enough reasons, but if you tack on the fact that I'll feel more energetic and lose some weight, it looks like it is a no-brainer. Now I have to go buy organic apples and get out the juicer in the next two days.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables