Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Joanna's Raw Journey
Posted by: joanna2007 ()
Date: January 12, 2008 06:50PM

January 12, 2007----Saturday

This is the beginning of my Raw Journal. I am 36 years old and eaten the SAD diet all my life. I haved lived a pretty unhealthy life and I am basically sick and tired of being sick and tired! I am too young to feel this damn old!!!
I want to heal my body... I have smoked for many years (minus the years I was pre-preggo and preggo) I started back almost a year after giving birth and have smoked ever since. I also have been addicted to caffeine- drinking coffee, sodas, and tea almost daily.

I have been studying nutrition for many years now and even owned a few gyms, years ago... I grew up pretty athletic and up until a few years ago worked out pretty regularly.

Now I'm an at home mom and so ready to get healthy!!! I have been studying "raw" for some time now and have come to the conclusion that eating %100 raw is the best diet for humans. I have been transition for about a month now and really want to start charting my progress... so here is the start of my raw journey dairy...

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know...I would love any advice you can give!!! Oh, and thanks for taking the time to read this... hopefully my dairy won't be too boring!!!

I am trying to eat %100 raw but I vary daily from about %75 to 90% raw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Joanna's Raw Journey
Date: January 12, 2008 06:54PM

January 11, 2007----Friday

Daily Food Intake:

1 1/2 liter water

1/2 cup coffee w/ a little sugar/cream (naughty I know- but this is down from 2 cups per day!! smiling smiley

three meals of juiceing:

meal one- 1 large fugi apple
8 strawberries
1 pear

meal two- 2 oranges
4 strawberries
1 kiwi
8 grapes

meal three-2 med. fugi apples
1 lg. orange
4 strawberries

meal four- lara bara

meal five- large fugi apple, and two very lg. strawberries- eaten

meal six- salad with spinach, romaine, arugula, carrots, asparagus, grape
tomatoes, zuchini, squash, and a side of anne's "goddess
dressing" I lightly dip my salad items in this dressing--
organic but probably not raw dressing

meal seven- 3 pieces of cheese pizza - my family is still on SAD and sometimes the temptation overwhelms me-- naughty, naughty, I know sad smiley

Re: Joanna's Raw Journey
Date: January 16, 2008 04:46PM

January 17, 2007--- Thursday

Well I haven't posted in a week due to feeling pretty crappy... each day I would have my coffee w/ cream and sugar, fruits, salads, (pretty much like the above menu) but the problem was I was still drinking my coffee in the morning and eating some cooked food at night. This has not worked well for me--- I have felt soooo tired- I have been taking 3-5 hour naps each day. A few days I was in fever mode- 101.2 was the highest, but I didn't take any medicine- I just let it run its course. I also felt stuffed-up a few days. I was getting pretty discouraged - I wanted to feel like all of you!

So, yesturday I decided NO PROCESSED/COOKED FOOD--- PERIOD!!!! Okay, I did have a cup of coffee yesturday morning-- getting the kids off to school I felt I needed that pick me up.. but aside from that I only ate fruit and juiced fruits, oh and two carrots with anne's "goddess" dressing (not raw - I don't think) but i only had about a tbsp. so I was ok with it. Although I know I am still not eating enough calories I know it will come in time.

Soooooo, the result? I felt great when I woke up today-- and still feel pretty darn good - its 11:30 am. (I've been up since 6am) I am not tired at all right now-- Maybe my body was having a hard time figuring out what to do? So I tried the slower transition, about %75-%90 (approximately) raw for I think almost a month? (Wish I had started this post when I first began but I really didn't feel up to it). Now i have decided to just go full force and try for
%100 raw-- with high fruit, a few nuts, and a lg salad for dinner (if I feel like it, if not I will just do fruit).

Anyway, I will try and be better about posting my food intake- God knows it has helped me, so much, by reading all of yours!

Also, I should note that one of my big issues was that I was backed-up all the time... I finally tried to add flaxseed to my intake and it has helped so much! yay!!! (I heard adding 1-2 tbsps might get things going!) I ate 1 tbsp two days in a row and it really has helped-- atleast I think it has. I'm sure uping my fruit has been a huge help too. This is a big deal for me as I feel awful when backed-up. For the past 4 days I have gone once a day!!! Usually I can go 3-4 days without going-- awful, I know! I would sooo love to be regular and light feeling like alot of you feel! So, anyway here is my intake:

Yesturdays food intake- Jan. 16 - Wednesday

1 med naval orange
2 apples
4 extra lg naval oranges/ handful of grapes - juiced
4 dates
1/4 cup almonds
a few pecans
2 med carrots (w/tbsp of "goddess" dressing)
1 liter water

Today so far-- Jan. 17

2 med naval oranges- juiced, instead of coffee!! yay!!!smiling smiley
1 lg fugi apple
1 lg pink lady apple with 6 strawberries- juiced
10 oz of water

So today is off to a pretty good start... hopefully I can still keep up with %100 raw! So, officially today is Day #1 of %100 RAW!!!!

check in later!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables