Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

mine
Posted by: vnc ()
Date: January 25, 2008 06:40PM

Hi,

my name is Vincent, I'm 23 years old, a student of mathematics living in Quebec, and this is my second attempt at going raw. The first time was a few years ago, and eating mostly greens and deliberately ``not counting calories'' I realize was my biggest mistake. The cravings for bread and the likes definitely came from insufficient food.

This time I've gone straight to eating mostly fruit, and 100% raw, and I barely get any cravings. It's been about a week now, and I feel fine.

Girlfriend and 16 months daughter are moving towards mostly raw too. The little girl doesn't have many teeth so it's hard for her to chew. We make smoothies for her.

But what she really prefers is daikon radish sprouts. Go figure :-)

Will try to keep this thread updated now and then.
edit: goals: to have more energy and be healthier. I'm thin and young, so there is no issue to cure as of yet. but I'd rather not have them develop at all.
--Vincent
(mono eating apples for today, and possibly the weekend.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2008 06:42PM by vnc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mine
Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: January 26, 2008 03:12AM

All the best! Great what you are doing for your daughter. I try with mine too (2yo) but it's hard when they tell you what they want and don't want!

Date: January 28, 2008 02:44AM

100% raw is definitely easier than any smaller percentage.
Any cooked food---even beer---goes a long way in magnifying cravings.

--Vincent

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: January 28, 2008 03:00AM

I have a hard time with eating cooked foods. Even just a bite gets me craving for all sorts of stuff. It takes many trys to get where you want to go right????
Pam

Date: January 28, 2008 03:04PM

pampam:
It might, but it doesn't have too. And I certainly don't see the point in counting the attempts! Recognize the errors, see if you still want to get to the same place, and move on.

update:
Stomach is expanding. I can now eat around 20 clementines without any problem.
Still no detox symptoms. I hope detox doesn't wait for the exams to manifest :-/
--Vincent

2008-01-29
Date: January 30, 2008 12:20AM

I am still still feeling good. Yesterday I had to sit down and meditate for half an hour before I could go out to school. I had just eaten a lot of fruit and had more energy than I could use and was ``jumpy''. It got better. Oh, and the skin of my face was a scary grey. It went away after a few hours.

Daily menu:

morning: 15 clementines. Maybe some apples? I don't recall.
midday: 2 bananas, 4 apples.
snack: 5-6 dried figs.
night: blended: 6 apples, a pear, 3 heaped tbsp of spirulina. Waited 1.5 hours.
Then a big salad for us three: 2 heads of romaine lettuce, a bell pepper, algae, mushrooms, 2 avocados.

Felt tired in the afternoon---i definitely didn't eat enough at midday. I have to eat relatively quickly and don't have a blender, so I have to figure a way to make this work.

It's amazing to eat and _not_ feel sluggish afterwards. After the salad I felt _full_, but strictly in a physical sense---it didn't feel like my body was spending most of its energy digesting.

Anyone else gets minor cooked food cravings after eating dried fruits? Is it the density?
--Vincent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2008 12:23AM by vnc.

Re: 2008-01-29
Date: January 31, 2008 11:19PM

ate a cooked dinner yesterday night.

today's menu:
morning: 6 apples + 2 heaped tbsp of spirulina
midday: 2-3 pounds of tangerines
snack: 3 big oranges, 2 dried figs, 3-4 dried apricots
dinner: one head of romaine, a bell pepper, 2-3 tbsp of hemp seeds.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables