Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

harder than i thought.
Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: January 29, 2008 07:11AM

i feel rediculous for having so many temptations...its just food, but i dont know why i cant help it. today i had raw oatmeal, which i had soaked overnite with a banana which was suprisingly delicious. For lunch i had a salad with butter leaf lettuce, shredded red cabbage, a slice avocado, thinly sliced red onion, jicama, a whole tomato, half of a cucumber, and raw sunflower seeds. I also had a peice of watermelon. I couldnt finish the whole salad, i think i overdid the avocado and that was all i could taste. This is when i went bad...i was hungry and my cravings were strong...i had some mild salsa which was store bought with some baked corn chips. After feeling disappointed with myself, i made a smoothie with frozen strawberries, frozen pineapple, banana, two kiwi, cherries, rice milk and some ground flax. i didnt think it would be soo hard to get myself used to the raw diet. i really want to feel great and not so exhausted as you all have stated as many of the benefits. I think i just need to get a raw cookbook, its hard just to eat fruits and veggies. dont know why, cause when i used to eat as a normal person,i would crave them. frustrated with myself, but still trying

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: harder than i thought.
Posted by: sage ()
Date: January 29, 2008 11:59AM

like any bad habbit, it is always hard to give it up. Dont be so hard on yourself, just keep trying and dont give up.Everytime you slip it means you where on track, if you where eating badly you couldnt slip now could you. so just look at it from the point of view of how many good things you ate that day instead of the bad things.

you doing great, keep it up smiling smiley

Date: January 30, 2008 08:20AM

thanks for the encouragement. i know i should be easier on myself, but i just want to succeed and become raw as easy as 1,2,3. After looking into this life changing diet, i thought that transitioning would be so much easier than reality. i love fruits and veggies, its just hard trying to base every meal upon fruits and veggies. i did look on this website where i found some raw recipes and most sound scrumptious. i attempted making this no bake cookies and they seemed really bitter rather than sweet. it called for 1/4 cup agave..which i left out since i had no idea what agave was. I also used raw cocoa powder instead of carob powder and im not sure if carob powder is sweeter than cocoa powder....i did get unsweetened cocoa powder? well, anyway, i did find this recipe that i love....it calls for raw cashews 1 cup, 1 zest of a lemon and juice of two, 3 tablespoons of coconut flakes (which took me forever to shred might i add) =), and i think some maple syrup..i didnt have any raw so i just skipped that. they are in my dehydrator now and have to cook for 12 hours....but yummm they are lemony and coconuty and nutty +) really good regular cant wait to taste like when they are dehydrated and actually as the recipe called for. I ate mostly raw today and am proud of myself for exercising two days in a row. man am i sore though, thats the only thing i dont like about exercising when out of shape...the process one has to overcome of being sore. There is a good aspect of being sore after one exercises, one knows one worked one's body efficiently. I cant wait, i ordered this 2 hp blender online over the weekend and cant wait to get it so that i can begin drinking green smoothies. i tried to do this in the blender at my house and oh boy was that a mess. i could smell the motor of the blender overheating and got so frustrated that i didnt even eat. well, was more like i didnt have time to make another meal and was on my way out to school. speaking of school, i should get off to begin my hw.

Date: January 30, 2008 10:52AM

Carob is like milk chocolate in sweetness and i think that Agave is some sort of sweetener so it makes sense your cookies where not sweet. as for 1,2,3 HA! dont we all wish that smiling smiley

Date: January 31, 2008 03:46AM

i was asuming that agave was some sort of sweetner, because my cookies were soo bitter, i ended up putting them down the disposal. i have another question, is sugar raw. i been eating raw oats in the morning with brown sugar (i used brown since i assumed regular must be bleached from being so white) idk. well, i did preetty well today. i think i am coming up with a daily meal plan. raw oats for breakfast, smoothie for lunch with lettuce wraps same as before, but instead of worchester sauce i used soy sauce. I didnt realize worchester sauce had anchovies...yuke and poor small fish. i dont really like hummus and am open for any suggestions on sauces that i can use for my lettuce wraps. i dont know if soysauce is raw, but i assume not. i want to replace the sauce with something raw. for dinner.... im waiting for my powerful blender so that i can make green smoothies and add something like nuts. not quite sure yet. cant exercise today, im soooo sore its ridiculous. i had school today, and did i feel like an idiot trying to speed walk my way across campus trying to get to class in time. it was soo horrible, probibally not as noticiable as im making out...but my knees kept locking when i was walking....im not sure why. weird and painful. i know that once you start exercising, you should work through the pain and it helps, but i dont think i can bear it. my bf let me take some of his glutamine...hopefully that helps

Date: January 31, 2008 10:43AM

hi again
Sugar is not raw, but as you assume, brown is better than white. Soya sauce is also not raw but i have heard of people specifying raw soya sauce, i have not been able to find it. My thinking is whoever that even though its not raw, think about the amount of it that you actually ingest. if its not alot and it makes your raw mean taste great, is there really that much harm done?

As for dips..my favourite so far doesnt sound great on paper but i find it delicious with anything.

1 avo,2 or 3 dates,2 or 3 cloves of garlic,handful of soaked cashew nuts,salt,pepper,a bit of paprika, juice of half a lemon,nice bunch of fresh herbs(usually coriander for me), blitz till smooth and try not to eat it all before it gets to your wrap!

play around with the amount of garlic and lemon juice and adjust it to your liking. Should be the consistensy of a paste like humus so its not a sauce.

Hope you enjoy it, let me know what you think smiling smiley

Date: February 02, 2008 09:52AM

i figured sugar would be too good to be true, but i am planning on getting some raw agave soon. yay, i got my new, more powerful blender and can now make green smoothies. im hoping to make smoothies a main part of my diet. i also ordered these raw seaweed wraps....i think nori or something, but when i get those or try my lettuce wraps again i will use your dip! im actually really excited...sounds amazing..not underestimating either...sounds really good. thank you soo much. i cant wait to use my blender, i got it this evening. im looking forward to making soups, almond and other milks, smoothies and so much more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables