Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Here I go!
Posted by: lthierga ()
Date: March 07, 2008 12:34PM

I do eat lots of ground flax seeds. I put them into almost every food I eat and even the smoothies (not all the time with smoothies). I do eat avocados but right now where I live avocados are really expensive. I do not like eating cocunuts, I will drink cocunut water though that has been flavored with fruit puree.

I know but I really want to lose about 30 pounds if I can. I have been excercising but nothing. I just can't figure it out. I won't be too worried because I did read that weight loss will come if you stick to the raw diet. Your body needs to adjust and will adjust by losing weight when it gets the right nutrients.

Thank You.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Discover ()
Date: March 08, 2008 03:58AM

I found excercising didn't do anything for weight loss for me. Infact, it just made me more hungry and I'd eat more. At most I broke even. I do believe that it might have some cardiovascular benefit, but have never seen it.

I hope you're getting lots and lots of veggies. At least 6 cups/day, minimum. This would likely help with calcium/magnesium and other minerals that go to making a person feel more satiated.

Date: March 10, 2008 09:46PM

Didn't post in a few days. Have been super busy this weekend. We got huge amounts of snow here, like 16 inches. It just wouldn't stop. Anyway everything was going great until today. I had huge amounts of cravings for anything sweet and fatening. So today didn't go so good. I will pick myself up again and start over tomorrow. Oh well. The great thing is that everyday is a new day.

Date: March 14, 2008 09:24PM

Haven't posted in a few days. I have been on a job hunt the last few days. I haven't been eating too much. Fruits and vegetables. Not even my smoothies. I decided I had to cut back on my eating. I have been relying too much on nuts and other fats. So I have been trying not to eat those, except for this evening. My hunger got the best of me.

Date: March 22, 2008 03:10PM

Haven't done this in awhile but here I am. I have been really trying hard to stay raw completely but my headaches are too severe. I had a bad migraine the other day so I have been adding brown rice and live grain cereal to my diet and it has been a help. So I think I have to do that for awhile and then gradually decrease my grains if I choose to. But other than that it is going ok. I am trying to decrease my high fat intake such as nuts. I just love these because they fill me up. So instead I have been trying something different with my vegetables. I put a bunch in the food processor and minced them small. I have a hard time eating raw vegetables so this is good. I mince them up small, put them in a bowl and put some type of dressing on it. I love hot sauce so I have been using that and it is delicious. It might sound gross to some but if you love the taste of hot sauce, it's good. I have used homemade salad dressings but I am trying to get away from oil. I know flax oil is good but can't stand the taste. I know if you marinade vegetables in lemon or lime juice it is good also. Just trying to find a variety of things to try.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables