Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

change of mindset thanks to all your support smiling smiley
Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: February 12, 2008 01:33AM

hello everyone, you all have been very supportive and im happy to say that ive changed my point of view. yesterday i had a raw breakfast and raw lunch, then a regular cooked dinner. Today, i have eaten a raw breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and going for a raw dinner. i want to make sure that im consuming enough for my body. im 5'2 and weigh 126...hoping to tone up and lose fat, gain muscle. anyways..my breakfast has been a fruit smoothie: 2 bananas, 2 kiwi, fresh frozen pineapple that i cut up myself, frozen blueberries, frozen black raspberries, kale, and water.for lunch, ive been having these veggie wraps. i shred 1/4 jicama,1/4 red bell pepper, 1 carrot, 1 cumcumber, red cabbage, raw pumpkin seeds, and avocado....extremely satisfying. i also sprinkle low sodium soy sauce on it which i know isnt raw. im trying to use less and less each time that way i can eliminate it. for dinner, i might eat..hmmm...dont really know. maybe another smoothie and some vegetable dish from the recipies here. i also buy rice milk from trader joes. i used to drink soy milk and found out that it wasnt raw. i read somewhere that rice milk was raw, but im buying it rather than making it. oh yeah..i dont know if anyone has posted this recipie...but for dessert, i slice frozen bananas cover it with a blended strawberries and rice milk and top with carob chocolate chips. i have a really big sweet tooth and am trying to comfort it with raw desserts. im usually really full. is this because im eating too much, or my body isnt used to high fiber foods and it just fills me up more?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: change of mindset thanks to all your support smiling smiley
Date: February 12, 2008 09:10PM

i was just reading other raw diaries( dont know if i spelt that correctly) and noticed that others have listed weights for each day. i think that listing my weight will be more of an encouragement and motivation. i will have to list my weight daily.

Date: February 13, 2008 06:21AM

i just checked out a website Healthy A to Z, and it calculated the healthy weight range by using body mass index. im not sure exactly what that is, but the range for my height 5'2" ranges from 101 lbs to 136 lbs. when i was eating healthy and exercising properly, i weighed 108-112....it fluctuated. i would like to get to something close to that once i become 100 percent raw and begin an exercise program. i dont think that i can do a raw breakfast, raw lunch and then a cooked dinner. i tried doing that today and ever since dinner, i had more SAD foods. i think if i just eliminate the temptation it would be easier. im still working on it. alright..im going to officially weigh myself in the morning when i have just woken up and have not consumed anything..that way its as accurate as possible. ive been telling myself that im going to go running in the mornings, but havent. i just purchased some good running shoes and "really" plan on going tomorrow before school. i would go after school, i just get lazier as the day goes on.

Date: February 14, 2008 07:14AM

i just joined my old gym which i belonged to before i became lazy =) im really excited to get into shape and fuel my body with the proper nutrients. i tried some recipes to make the raw life more exciting and similar to what i used to eat, but i think i just like fresh food rather than dehydrating with recipies. my next attempt is to try nut milk, probably almond. i used to drink only soymilk before when i was on and off again vegan. now im just drinking a whole bunch of water.

Date: February 16, 2008 12:01AM

i actually went to the gym to work out today instead of just "saying" that i was going to be going. it feels great...man, i have to say that it was really hard to get motivated. i know being healthy is great, but it was so hard running that treadmill. i only could push myself to do 2 miles. yeah, was really hard to do and was totally out of breaths with cramps. i tried my hardest to breath in through my nose and out through my mouth as i learned in crosscountry...but didnt work so well. oh well, at least im getting back into it rather than just putting it off till the tomorrow that never seems to come. i do have to say i feel better, even just knowing that im getting my body healthy again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables