Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

starting fresh
Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: February 18, 2008 04:08AM

just had a raw day, well sort of. starting off with 80 percent raw. i had only fruit and veggies with some nuts, carob chips, and one portion of vegan riblets. i think i did pretty well and am satified with myself. i have successfully exercised for two days and took today off since its sunday. i will begin exercising again tomorrow and continue my journey to the path of rawness. i havent been doing very good. i have definately changed my mindset and believe raw is a journey. i just dont know how come food seems to control my life as it does. food is just suppose to keep the body going, not control it because of its taste. im struggling with this, but it has been a new day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: starting fresh
Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: February 28, 2008 02:20AM

I am totally struggling. I do great in the am, and then lunch is such a killer for me. I just want whatever I shouldn't have....sugar, soda, total junk. I deal with the cravings all afternoon. How can I ease them? Or, get rid of them!?!? I feel like I have to white knuckle my chair all day in order to stave them off. I have been craving foods that I would typically NOT eat. Please tell me it gets easier, or that I will get through this. Today was from 2-6 that the day was rough. Hopefully tomorrow that frame will shorten. Thanks for listening.

Here is what I ate today
smoothie at 7:30
strawberries
cabbage
bananas

4-5 sliced raw cukes
3 gourmet tomatoes
raw cauliflower
2 dates
more of smoothie from the am

then all afternoon I was in misery salivating for drive thrus, bagels, candy, soda, you name it. HELP!!!!!

Date: February 28, 2008 06:20AM

i have the same problem, i do very well until late in the evening...i just feel like snacking...and my cravings are too for foods which i would normally not eat. i dont know why, i ate healthy before attempting to go raw and now that i am trying to get into a healthier lifestyle i have these cravings. i want to know how to get rid of them too, it really bothers me that i still have these. i know i dont feel good when i eat junk, but i also feel deprived when i cant. its like a catch 22. the only thing, is i know that i shouldnt crave or eat them cause i know the effects. i just dont know why i let food control me like this. its frustrating and i understand what you are going through.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: February 28, 2008 07:35AM

I am feeling the same way. Its crazy. The more I try and the more I feel deprived of the junk foods. I know its not healthy for me. Just keep feeding yourself the raw fresh foods and perhaps start some wheat grass juice. I am going to start that. Last year the wheat grass juice helped me a lot.

Date: February 28, 2008 09:41PM

thanks, ive only had wheat grass once, and it was before i was raw when i got it from jamba. i really want to get a juicer, so i can make wheat grass juice, carrot juice, ect. but i dont have one yet. i just got an expensive blender and have to wait a bit

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: February 29, 2008 01:34AM

Maybe that is the answer, I don't know. Maybe I am not getting "enough" but then there are days that I can't stop thinking about food, or stop eating. AGH!!!

Date: March 04, 2008 09:34PM

sorry i haven't been on lately. i had been thinking tyhat this rawfood diet was too much for me....wrong! i ate SAD for a couple of days, then went back to this. this is my first day back being completely raw and i feel great. i've been exercising and feel so pumped up to head down the path of being raw. when eating SAD foods and exercising, i felt i was taking two steps back. i was exercising with SAD foods nourishing me and it was so difficult to "do" every move, i felt so weighed down. now that im eating raw again, i feel free and exercise is so much easier. i now weigh 123.6 instead of 126...yay...just a start but exciting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables