Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Quick Support, Encouragement for All Here
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 24, 2008 07:12PM

I thought it would be nice to have one general thread for us to post in order to get quick support (before we cave in on eating or drinking from our no-no list) and encouragement for everyone that needs it. I would love to have some additional support during the next few months in order to get a renewed and higher percentage of raw foods going.

What do you all think of this idea? If any are interested, post here under this thread. I for one will be here at least a few times thru-out the day and evening looking for and giving a quick response of support. For your general questions please still post under the main forum topic. This thread is more for those emergency times when you are about to 'cave' in and really don't want to.

Also, I don't know about others, but getting time to read so many of the other diaries is something I don't have and would love to get to know you all better.

Love,
Prism

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2008 07:13PM by Prism.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Quick Support, Encouragement for All Here
Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: February 24, 2008 10:36PM

This is a great idea; why hasn't anyone thought of this before?!?

Yea, Prism!

I hope people do take advantage of this...

Date: February 25, 2008 02:50AM

I just thought that we could even use the chat feature for those that need some discussion to help with their digressions from raw foods. I've never used the chat feature here yet.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: February 26, 2008 10:34PM

I'm in on this, If anybody needs some support I will try to help them the best I can. This is a great Idea, Prisim.

Date: February 28, 2008 04:20AM

I'm going to need this soon, as I am going to renew my goal to get my % of raw foods up starting March 1st. It's a Saturday so that's a great day to start since I won't have kids around to cook for. I'll have the week-end to maybe do a juicing feast maybe one of those days.

I plan on being here..yelling..'help!'..I'm craving 'whatever' it may be..and I hope someone will chat with me, or maybe I should be using yahoo messenger? Is AOL messenger free? I have gmail also and they have a chat feature if anyone else has that. Maybe I need all 3 plus using the chat feature here too!

Ok..3 months to get over some things I got into again over winter..I want to be fit, healthy, and ready for summer and lots of activities!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: February 28, 2008 06:27AM

i think this is a great idea. i do so good starting off everyday, and think i wont have any cravings. i dont know why, when my bf comes home, he just eats what he wants and its so hard for me to stick to raw. i feel so deprived when he eats his SAD food next to me even though i know its not healthy. we've both decided we wanted to eat healthier, me doing raw and him not doing so much junk. it has been rusty so far. i just ordered this raw power protien mix made of wheat grass, brazil nuts, gojo berries, and so much more...tried it today and its horrible. i will have to mix them in my smoothies.

have another question. when you all make a smoothie in the morn and finish it in the evening...does it seperate or just stay one solid mixture. just curious. cause before i ate raw, i would get jamba juice and if i decided to keep some for later it would seperated and look took grose to finish,

Date: February 28, 2008 07:30AM

Volcomic. I don't make a smoothie in the morn and finish it in the evening. I think in some ways the fresher it is the better. I think that after it has been wirrled around in the blender it may start oxidizing and loosing its enzymes after a while. I just make enough to eat at the time.. Right now I really like the spinach with frozen strawberries and a banana. I am not sure if it is o.k. to mix the fruit with the green but it tastes good to me.
I have tried goji berries and thought they were bitter. I still have a bag of them. I got some sort of green powder I think I will put a little bit in my smoothie but it turns it a deep murkey green.
I am finding it real hard to see my family eating the crunchey foods. You know like the greesey chips and popcorn and pizza. I just got to decide once and for all that I don't want that but I want health. Its kinda hard though. Right now I am just forcing myself to eat the raw foods. The other day I started eating some celery and I just could not get enough of it I ended up eating a whole bag of it. I was in the store today and the produce is looking real good, Grapes are going down in price and I really crave grapes a lot.
Prisim If you have my phone number you can call me if you think that would help. You know spring is comming soon and the sun shine is going to really help. Today was so nice the sky was almost blue and I just wore a long sleaved shirt outside and was warm enough. today I transplanted a bunch of tomatoe plants. They have there second leaves and are getting bigger. yea I hope my black thumb turns green.
I am tired Good night all We can do it just one vege at a time.

Date: February 28, 2008 05:16PM

I don't know that I have your phone number Pam..but you can pm it to me. You can call me too when you want. For others, (Pam has it already) you can pm me and I'll send you my cell number if you want.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: brenna ()
Date: February 28, 2008 09:21PM

volcomchick - I make my smoothie at 530am, put it in a Coleman cooler with a straw type mouthpiece and drink it all day. I usually have it finished by the end of my workday at 330. Of course I make about a 1000 calorie smoothie, so it's my breakfast and lunch.
I find that it stay cold and doesn't separate and pretty much tastes delicious all day. I think if it was just in a plastic cup or something that wouldn't be the case though.

Date: February 28, 2008 09:44PM

thanks about the smoothie info.

Date: February 29, 2008 02:20AM

I also can make smoothies and can drink some and store the rest in fridge till later and they are as good as ever. You might try making your own, adding enough produce and less liquid and they won't separate like the Jamba juice ones.

Love,
Prism

Date: February 29, 2008 07:02AM

thats true, i dont add much liquid to my smoothie, mostly fresh and frozen fruits with some scoops of flax seeds. im going to try it out. i didnt think about the fact that th less liquids, the less seperation.

Date: February 29, 2008 09:16AM

I havent tried flax seeds in a smoothie yet. I just got some kale and mixed fruit so I will have that tomorrow and perhaps put some green algie powder in it. I am kind of likeing the green smoothies. I don't trust the ones from jamba juice I am not sure if they have additivs in them or not. I wish they would put some green stuff in them. The last time I was at Jamba I got some wheat grass juice and the grass was very wilted and even yellow. Not to appitizing and the staff really did not care much about the quality.
Good luck to you all tomorrow
Pam

Posted by: brenna ()
Date: February 29, 2008 10:22PM

FYI Kale absorbs a lot of water. My first kale/fruit smoothie turned into baby @#$%& colored jelly, it was pretty funny. My friend found me in the breakroom at work pouring water into and shaking my mug around and found that enormously funny.

Date: March 01, 2008 04:57PM

Well that answers a lot of mysterious questions for me about kale smoothies. Thanks for the info on that.
Prisim today is the 1st of March and I want to encourage you to be as raw as you can today. Best of luck and all that.

Date: March 01, 2008 11:27PM

Thanks Pam..and yes I have been on all juice today, and I'll be on all juices tomorrow too. If I get really starved I have some stand by fruit..bananas, oranges, and apples. I am feeling good and really need to do this.

If I feel like I might jump ship, I'm coming here to see if anyone is avail. for a quick chat..I haven't tried the chat feature yet..I'd love to see how long it takes to get it open and actually use it.

Love,
Prism

Date: March 05, 2008 05:05AM

I don't think this idea is going to fly really..it's not instantaneous enough. We need to be on each others speed dialssmiling smiley If anyone wants to do that, I'm willing to trade my cell phone number with yours.

Love,
Prism

Date: March 05, 2008 05:28AM

You know prism, you may have an Idea there. I was going good today I started with some grapes and had some wheat grass juice. I ate some fruit and was actually starting to feel more human and like I had some sort of control with this raw thing. I felt I had a grip on the eating thing. well afternoon came and bam I was toasting some bread and eating dinner with the kids. I am not going to say all I sold out for but I don't feel so proud now. blaa. What does it take to come to my senses anyway? Perhaps a phone call could help Just to talk to someone mmight make the difference.

Date: March 09, 2008 05:34PM

I am finding that the phone calls are helping me Pam! I think that a great way to connect and especially when the pressure is on and the craving is there and we are one minute away from eating that offending food item..it helps to reach out and actually talk to another person that understands.

If anyone wants to be part of our phone tree, send a pm or an email to me or PamPam. My email is prismkitten@yahoo.com or you can use the private messenger on this site.

I would suggest to keep the calls short and to the point, and then later make a time if you want to be more chatty..but keeping it for those emergency times when you are about to cave in would be good imo.

We can also meet here for a scheduled live chat if anyone wants to do that too.

I can keep a phone tree log on my computer and with permission send that out to those requesting it. If you don't want your number to be on the phone tree, then request that and I'll put it in another file with those numbers. You can share with whom you want. I'll post names of people here that are on it if you like.

Phone Tree
Prism
PamPam

Love,
Prism

Date: March 09, 2008 10:16PM

I could have used that last night. I thought of calling to. That sounds like a great idea. I'm in for that.
Pam

Date: March 10, 2008 05:35PM

Let's set up a time to meet for a chat here..and see how that works out. You give me a day and time (eve. is easiest for me) and I'll let you know if that's going to work for me. Others can join in if they like.

I'll put a little phone tree file together and those that want to trade phone numbers can pass theirs on to me via my email or pm me here. Prismkitten@yahoo.com

Ok, ttyl.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: optimist4life ()
Date: March 11, 2008 08:03PM

Thanks for setting this up! I think we all have times of weakness, during which we could really use some support. Mine are always late at night. It's like another person takes over my body for brief moments, during which I can consume ungodly amounts of chocolate. I think just sitting down and typing here during my emergency times (especially if I get a response from one of you) will help me resist my cravings. great idea!

Date: March 12, 2008 10:42PM

I didn't think of that aspect, just to have a place to vent a bit along with others in the same type of situation. Yes, it would work that way I think. I wonder if we can show if we are live here for chat or not? If a couple were here at the same time, we could set up the chat feature too.

It doesn't take any time at all does it..to consume large quantities of the wrong type of food! Sometimes I think it's because we eat it so quickly before we regret even getting it past our tonguessmiling smiley I usually don't do this anymore but it's taken me a long time to get there. I'm so much more aware of what I'm eating, and why I'm eating it, and the real deal breakers are pretty much gone from my diet now.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: rawvnessa9 ()
Date: March 16, 2008 04:30PM

Yea, I would really like to have some more readily available than this forum. Is anyone willing to trade phone numbers or emails or anything more convenient than this?

Date: March 17, 2008 09:04PM

Yes, Rawvnessa, send me an email or private message here with your phone number and I'll add it to our phone tree.

Pam and I are both on it. I will send you our phone numbers when I hear from you.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables