Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Feburary 26, 2008 and Beyond
Posted by: VeloriaRaw ()
Date: February 26, 2008 05:36AM

Height: 5'4''
Weight: 160 lbs

I've decided to start a public log because telling myself that I will eat raw food isn't working. I'm in so much pain right now. It's more emotional pain, but physically things aren't looking pretty.

For the last few years, I've gone up and down in weight and health. I don't exactly know my highest weight just because I avoided the scale when I was at my absolute worst. IN GENERAL, I am between the range of 145 and 160. Right now I'm 160, binging on junk food, and feeling absolutely lousy in every regard. I can't go on living like this.

When I look at pictures and consider my self-esteem at that time, I'm best when I'm eating raw foods. I KNOW in my heart that it's the healthiest and best way for me to eat and live, but daily can think of excuses not to eat this way. BUT I WANT TO STOP THAT, cause it's seriously killing me (emotionally and ... yeah, physically too)!

So I'm stopping this horrible self-punishing lifestyle and adopting the one that I know will help me achieve my goals. Appearance plays a major part in me wanting to eat raw, but weight loss isn't my only goal, just a measurable one. I want to stop stuffing my emotions with food. I want to stop making myself sick. I want to start respecting my body and take pride in it. I also want to help relieve the psoriasis plaguing my feet and other areas. I have so many issues and I feel like most of them stem from my poor diet and if I could improve in that aspect of my life, I will see great improvements in other places.

I am looking forward to improving my health and hope that in along with helping myself, I can inspire and help someone else along the way. :-) Here I go!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Feburary 26, 2008 and Beyond
Posted by: jacks ()
Date: February 27, 2008 01:28AM

I wish you well, do not give up. It will work, one day at a time, i started just three days and I feel great, i dont know why but just the thought that I am a raw foodist makes me feel happy. I will be here for you and it will work. dont give up.

Jackie

Date: February 27, 2008 06:00AM

Thanks for the encouragement Jacks. I'm really trying to turn things around for myself at the moment and appreciate your comment.

By "sticking to raw" I am trying to eat around 90 percent. I really don't know how to calculate the percent. Do you do it by volume? or servings? *shrugs* I guess 90 percent would mean that if I ate 10 things that day, and one was not-raw, that would be me eating 90 percent. So that's what I'm trying to do.

green smoothie: [1] swiss chard [2] banana [3] black berries
[4] carrots
[5 & 6] huge salad [7] dairy free but NOT raw salad dressing [8] non-raw cornbread
[9] raisins [10] cliff bar [11] banana

I debated whether to count the dressing or not as a serving, but there was so much on my salad that I feel like I should count it. Looks like I didn't quite end up at 90 percent...

I didn't feel deprived at all today. If anything, I had a nice constant level of energy. It was nice. No overwhelming high or low. But at the same time, it's kind of weird and something I have to get used to. Tomorrow I'm going to try to be even more raw. I want to see results from eating raw. I felt good today, but I feel like I have to do better if I'm going to really clean up, lose weight, improve my psoraisis, and just glow.

Also, I ran 5 miles this morning. Go me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2008 06:02AM by VeloriaRaw.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: February 27, 2008 10:51PM

best wishes to ya. eating raw foods will bring healing your way and you will find your opinion of yourself change for the positive as well. The more raw fresh foods you eat the happier you will become. Spring is around the corner and we will have plenty of fresh foods to eat. This is a good time to start. Try some wheat grass juice for your skin. There is something about the chlorophill in the grass juice.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 28, 2008 04:26AM

I also am doing a renewal to a higher percentage of raw. I would say that counting calories is the way to figure out percentage. Cooked foods usually come with more calories, since you may be adding in 'extras' like fats, sugars, etc.

We can do it, I know it's true..I did it when I first went raw over 5 years ago..and I lost 71 lbs. and most of that came off the first 6 months!

But I also lost a lot of those health issues that plagued me and renewed my overall health which totally amazes me even today.

Love,
Prism

Date: February 28, 2008 07:59AM

DAY 2

Thanks for the encouragement peeps. That's an amazing accomplishment Prism. Eating a high percentage of raw is taking some getting used to. Although I felt like I had a steady amount of energy yesterday, today I was rather tired and even took a long nap. Some of my tiredness has to do with a big exam I had this morning, though. Having my exam to worry about, I wasn't prepared for today like I was yesterday where I packed a lunch for myself and thought about what I was going to eat ahead of time.

Morning: cup of dry cereal as I frantically studied, 2 bananas
Lunch: a bit of trailmix that I got from a vending machine (better than cookies or chips, but I would much rather make my own / not eat that many nuts)
NAP
Afternoon: Berries, Plum, carrots
Running, 60 double-crunches, StairStep, another 60 double-crunches
Dinner: Lasagna, Banana with LOTS of whip cream.

A lot of today was me thinking about what I should eat, wanting to not eat cooked/processed food, but feeling like I wouldn't be totally satisfied with raw either. Like at the grocery store, I walked around for 45 minutes and debated what I should get. I tasted the grapes, but I didn't really want something sweet, and I didn't want to make a salad either... A lot of the time today I didn't actually feel hungry, but just wanted to feel that heavy numb feeling of cooked foods that I'm used to feeling when I eat. If I don't feel it, it's almost like I didn't eat (psychologically). I couldn't bring myself to actually BUY cooked foods at the store tonight so I headed over to my friend's place where I knew he had frozen dinners in his freezer and ate a lasagna.

**I'm trying to get over binge eating.** Tonight I sort of binged on whip cream... it's better than other binges I've had, but still bad. Do any of you have any recommendations for websites and/or books on binging/food addictions? I have Gabriel Cousins' book Conscious Eating and it talks a bit about addiction, but it focuses on alcoholism rather than food/sugar addiction. Binging is a serious problem for me. Fasting has helped in the past with processed sugar addiction, but water fasting isn't ideal for me right now. I want to eat raw.

I need to go shopping at the produce store. I need to eat more so that I don't turn to cooked. I also need to eat more greens.

NOT the best of days.

Date: February 29, 2008 09:00PM

Day 3

weight: 159 lbs

Wasn't able to blog last night. Been really low on energy. Had to take a nap mid-day and then last night was in bed for seriously 12 hours. Not sure if I'm going through detox. I don't think I've eaten high enough raw for that.

3 Mile Jog
Morning: 2 grapefruits that I blended because I never seem to chew these enough. Drank it slow.
Afternoon: HUGE fugi apple.
NAP
Banana, salad
Dinner: Cooked broccoli with some glutton beef (fake beef) and 2 egg roles (went to a Chinese vegetarian restaurant with friend) NOT RAW.

I still need to go the store. Need to buy more raw foods.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2008 09:02PM by VeloriaRaw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables