Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New Kid
Posted by: jacks ()
Date: February 26, 2008 08:32PM

Hello:
I am new but i will be here to stay.

Jackie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Kid
Date: February 26, 2008 08:36PM

Hi, my message above was short because I was just learning how to use this site. I am on this raw food diet for three days now and already I am feeling great. If you are also new feel free to post here and I will encourage you along the way. The best decision that one can make it to go 100 percent raw. On the third day I feel great, I have lost weight from my belly and I am looking forward to going to the beach. I am 37 weigh 138, two days ago it was 140, my skin is looking healthy, I had some blemish before, overall I eat mostly fruits but I will be including green leafy veg very soon because they give me so much energy. If you have some easy recipe please let me have some. I feel so much happier already just being on this new way of eating. It has lifted my spirit. Welcome to this new way of eating, dont ever give up.

Jacki from Jamaica

Date: February 26, 2008 08:38PM

By the way, i started with a bang, i am eating 100 percent raw and i dont plan to change.
Jackie

Date: February 26, 2008 10:32PM

Hi all. Today i ate fruits only but then I went in my cupboard and take out some oats and add water, now I am feeling bad because I add some cornflakes which had honey, I know that this is not raw stuff and I wanted to be 100 percent raw, anyway I wont be tooo hard on mlyself, this was my first slip up and it wasnt so bad. Hope I wont have any more for now. Will post tomorrow and will let you guys know what i ate for the day. have a good evening.

Jacks

Date: February 29, 2008 01:00AM

Hi, today i had all raw except for some soy milk that i bought in the supermarket. I think i am doing well. I almost give up today but i am glad i did not do that. Tomorrow will be another day and that will be day six, after i reach seven days i will stop counting the days. for now i feel extremely good, I am feeling better today than on the other days. I dont want to go back to eating toxins, i will stay on this path for a very long time, i am loosing weight, i look good, i feel good, my hair is shiny, i am getting more compliments each than ever before, i will keep on this path way and will increase my exercise. i have a new weight goal and that is to be 130 pounds, in fact i am racing with my friend to see who can reach a goal of 130 pounds first. I hope i will win her.

Jackie

Date: March 01, 2008 02:14AM

The soy milk caused my nose to clog and put a pimple on my face, not taking it in my body again. Today I ate all raw. i had a bad headache though, not because of the diet but because i am not eating enough, i need to eat more even when i am busy i need to find the time to buy food beofre hand so i can always have what to eat. anyway i did not yield to the temptations i had for cooked food, it is poison. I did well today which was day six.
Jackie

Posted by: lthierga ()
Date: March 01, 2008 05:01PM

Try raw almond milk. I make it myself and it tastes much better and better for you. Try some green smoothies. These fill you up and taste great. Put in some green leafy veg., almond milk and some fruit such as a banana. You will be surprised on the taste and is great for you. Good Luck!

Date: March 02, 2008 02:45AM

I was just wwondering if anyone read this dairy and was sp happy that you did. Thanks so much for you suggestion, even though i am doing well on the diet i was feeling like giving up because i was feeling like i was alone on the journey, you have encouraged me just by writing here, thanks. I read you dairy a lot and have posted there before. Today is day seven for me and I did well, I had this 100% oats for breakfast, also some fruits, i ate grated carrots with lots of tomatos for lunch along with some string beans chopped real fine, for supper I had some raw nuts and some coconut jelly and two ripe banana. i did one bad thing though i pinched a piece of baked chicken ( a real tiny piece) the temptation was strong and it was at the time i felt alone on my raw food journey. I notice though that anytime I have a craving once i drink some coconut water it goes away. By the way I lost two more pounds, now i weigh 136. Based on my height the least I should weigh is 128. I dont have a weight problem just that there is a little tiny fat on my belly and i want it to go away.

Jackie

Posted by: Discover ()
Date: March 02, 2008 03:31AM

We're here for you Jackie. I know what it's like to feel alone.

About the chicken, I have a saying, "Fall down seven times, get up eight." When we were young we tried hundreds of times to get up to walk, and when we fell, it hurt. We just kept on doing it and now we're running, riding a bike, driving...! Imagine if we just gave up after that first, second or third attempt. We would be still crawling!

It's great to see you logging your progress and I'll be hoping around now and then to check up on you.

Date: March 05, 2008 05:28PM

Just checking on you and how you are doing. Haven't heard from you in a while. You doin ok?

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: March 05, 2008 07:19PM

hi jacks, When you eat enough nutrients you will find your cravings start to dwindle. Check out green smoothies. that is a way to encorporiate a larger amount of already chewed greens into your diet. I am finding them very tasty as well. Don't sweat the chicken thing your body is telling you something, perhaps you need more nutrients. Have a great and rawlicious day.
Pam

Date: March 06, 2008 12:59AM

Thank you so much lthierga, Discover and Pampam for checking in on me, i really feel like the new kid on the block. I did not post for three days because on those three days i ate cooked food (mostly soup) I still had plenty plenty fruits on those three days. To my amazement my body has adjusted so well to the raw way of eating that it would not accept the cooked food that well. I felt bloated and my stomach hurt both in the night and in the morning. Today the only thing i could eat was 100 raw. I had only nuts and fruits since morning with a 100% raw oats (old fashion style). I am so surprized to find out that my body is actually craving raw food and resisting cooked food. When i look at junk food, especially the sweet ones like cake and bun i actually feel sick. From far back as i can remember my body always has an allergic reaction to sweet food so it is easy for me to give that up. I will have to listen to all of you and start to drink the green smoothie. In fact I will try to take mostly that tomorrow. One of the reasons that I went back to eat the cooked soup on those three days was because I got scared that I might get too thin. My weight is not actually going down anymore but I feel thinner. thanks again for encouraging me. I am back, i feel very good, no headache or anything like that I just need now to believe that I can actually live this way. Sorry to write so long, just that I missed you all and I wanted to fill you in. Will post in the evening tomorrow so you will see that I am still on this road.

Jackie

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: March 06, 2008 10:28PM

keep trying, jacks, what books have you read? What are the reasons you want to become raw? I think eating a plant based diet is so wonderful and freeing in a way. Ever since I was a teen I wanted to eat only vegetables but I never got to that till last year. I have always been very self destructive concerning my diet. I hope to turn over a new leaf. I am turning 50 this month and wish for improved health. I hhope the best for your adventure in raw.
Pam

Posted by: Discover ()
Date: March 07, 2008 03:43AM

I haven't craved a single cooked food since being raw. I simply would rather have food in its whole form. There's actually a kinda 'gross' feeling about it; cooked food coagulating under heat, losing nutrients, and being so acidic to the body. It's no wonder that our bodies would naturally want the food in its original state.

About the weight, I lost weight extremely quick the first week, and then I just leveled off. I'm thinking my body make it's adjustments. The body is smart, and it'll lead you to what it needs when it needs it. I think part of being healthy is learning to know and trust your body to make these decisions for you.

And remember, no matter what you eat, you can still come back to raw and gain the benefits. smiling smiley

Andre

Date: March 07, 2008 12:43PM

Going raw is a personal experience and it is definitely a transition. I started a month ago and didn't go completely raw until one week ago and it is still very hard. You have to go your pace and keep reading about. One book that I really like was 12 steps to RAW. It tells you that it is a process just like everything else. Your body has to wean itself off the addiction of cooked foods because that is what it is an addiction just like alcohol or drugs. The food makers put so much chemicals into all the processed stuff that your body has to get used to being without it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables