Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw food and fertility
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 18, 2008 10:04AM

hi everyone,
hello to healthy people : )

i am a 20 year old girl, i have a big health issue about raw foods : (
since i go raw, i have lost my period. (which is the reflection of a woman's health : fertility)

it has been 8 months, and i am really worried about it.

have you had / heard an experience like that ?
or do i have a serious health problem since going raw? : (

thank you ,
best,

xeyn

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw food and fertility
Posted by: brenna ()
Date: March 18, 2008 10:00PM

I've actually had the opposite experience. After struggling for a year to get pregnant, I went raw and was pregnant within a month.
If you are drastically underweight you may stop getting your period. I have also read that a lot of women who go raw stop getting their periods as well and that it's not neccessarily a bad thing. I would hit up some of the raw food sites out there, I know there's info, I'm just at work and can't track them down now.

Posted by: rwillow76 ()
Date: April 03, 2008 12:10PM

I'm not a doctor by any means. However I have read a ton on raw food. Some of the material I have read suggests that our periods are a way of detoxing. So depending on how long you have been raw, the cleaner your body is, the less need for this detoxing period. I have read that alot of women who are mostly raw will see a decrease in their period, both the severity and the # of days. Those raw foodists who are hard core 100% raw alot of times will just stop having a period all together. They are not bleeding but they are still fertile and able to reproduce.Personally, I can't wait to NOT have a period. I'm just sick of those pesky little buggers!

But you should see a doctor. It may be something else. Who knows?

River Willow

Posted by: perpending ()
Date: April 06, 2008 01:22AM

I have been about 75% raw since February. I used to have very painful and heavy periods. My March menses there was no pain and my period was substantially lighter and shorter (3 days instead of 6). This month I had 2 days of a mucus like discharge and two days of a very light period. I was wondering the same. Is this "normal"? Fertility is not an issue for me now, but at 32 I'll need to be deciding if I want to be fertile soon. Any other women out there who have been raw and have had their menses change? Did fertility become and issue?

Posted by: Context ()
Date: April 23, 2008 04:16AM

yes... the period is just a detox, the sicker the woman... the worse her period is. That is why a woman can get pregnant, without having her first period.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables