Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Beginning....Now
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 31, 2008 09:00PM

Aloha!

I'm Elizabeth and I decided three days ago to try a raw food diet. I have always eaten mostly healthy and have gone completely organic this past year. But lately I have been having stomach problem and feel full and sluggish after I eat even the smallest portion. After seeing something on current TV (current.com) about the benefits of raw food I decided it is something I would like to try.

Living in Hawaii, I have access to an abundant supply of fresh fruits and vegetables, and it seems only natural to eat them. Day one, I went to the local farmers market and stocked up on fruits and veggies. I didn't drink enough water and ate way too many baby carrots and had the gnarliest stomach ache... I learned that early on, drink plenty of water! I already knew that but with this diet your body won't let you forget it. My roommate was like, "um yeah that's why cows have two stomachs... because its hard to digest uncooked fruits and veggies..." My roommate just broke up with her boyfriend which means, munchies, pies and ice cream, really really bad influence on day one and day two, but today she's convinced to try the raw food diet.

While researching raw foods I learned something that will hopefully change everything. That is, soy is NOT good for you. So I also have been drinking a lot of soy milk this past year. About two months ago I developed a productive cough, that sounds like a smokers cough, only I don't smoke, and my voice has been kinda froggy like. I think that it is because of drinking so much soy milk, because I read that soy is the most mucus causing plant on the planet and when it accumulates it causes asthma like symptoms and digestive problems and triggers weight gain and premature aging. Not drinking soy milk may just solve all of my problems!

So its day three and I feel great, I can eat a lot and I don't feel sluggish and full but more energetic! I am very active, a full time college student with a double major, a demanding job, a daily surfer and skateboarder, run the beach almost daily, and mountain bike. I don't have time for my food to slow me down! I am hoping this will solve my weight issues too.... I am not over weight and completely fit compared to most people, however there are about 5 to 8 pounds that just won't go away. And I am hoping with this new lifestyle they will.

Yay, I'm a believer already!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Beginning....Now
Date: April 01, 2008 10:57PM

Okay so its day four, I think, and I feel so much better, and wow its way cheaper to eat raw... Today I discovered sunflower sprouts and they are so yummy... all is good. My body feels like its detoxing or something, same things are going on as a detox... I'm stoked... I need to get a scale to see if anything is really happenening... I feel like I am eating a lot... Yeah I don't know if anyone reads these, but I am just writing for my own motivation... PEACE

Date: April 03, 2008 03:32AM

Okay I think my body is really confused. I had to wake up at three in the morning yesterday to take some friends to the airport and then I had classes from 8-11 am. Instead of my morning run and yoga, I ran in the midday sun. I think this was why I got a horrible migraine last night. I am not sure if headaches are part of a raw diet, but if they are I will never last because I suffer from debilitating migraines. I haven't gotten one for a while, I think it was the combination of stresses that caused this one. I know that as your body detoxifies you are more susceptible to headaches because if you cannot get all the toxins out properly it causes headaches. Right? Anyway I have been eating way too much. At least 80% raw, but way too much. I haven't had a problem eating all raw, the only craving I have is for salt. Well anyway, hopefully I will not get fatter from this diet, because I eat too many veggies and fruit. I need to get a juicer ASAP. I have been eating sprouted english muffins too, do they count as raw food? Someone told me as long as the bread was sprouted and live it was considered raw.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: April 07, 2008 09:10PM

aloha liz, where in hawaii are you?

Posted by: deborrahdialogs ()
Date: May 18, 2008 09:30PM

First time here; Today is day one of being raw with the intent of a goal for life. Today I weigh 263 #, I am female and am 5' 7"; In approximatly the year 2004 I went raw for one month. I lost 25 pounds in one month, my finger nails were tough as nails, long and beautifully shaped; my skin glowed; my stool had no odor and I felt great! I never ate so much in my life and still lost weight! It was quite a phenomena! The thing is, that I know without a doubt that it is a great way to live. The problem in 2004 was that I was not committed to goal for life change; I went back to cooked foods and well, the rest is history. I know that for me to be successful I needed to make a conscience decision to make the goal for life change. For me to have the best opportunity for success I believe it would help to have support from like-minded people. For me to be successful I need to prepare my food ahead of time and have it ready (this includes available snacks ready at a moments notice and accessible at work and at play). I'm beginning with a three-day juice kick off! My initial blend was oranges, cranberry's, bananas, strawberry's and wheatgrass. I'll change it up over the next two days. On wednesday I'll add my leafy greens & veggies and on friday (may 23rd) I'll add my seeds. I really look at weight loss as the "added benefit" of the raw-life-style; for me, the main benefit being a healthy body inside and out (e.g. my blood, organs, hair, etc). I"m glad for the resources of this web-site and thank it's founders very much. Rawfully, deborrah

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables