Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Going raw.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 06, 2006 06:19PM

After a period of increasing my raw food intake, I've finally decided to go ahead and switch to 100%. It's exciting, but I may start having difficulty finding things to eat every day. I became a vegetarian nearly 4 years ago, and I've always been the only one in my family who doesn't eat meat. My parents didn't approve of that then, but they got over it and now they're accepting the idea of me going raw.

It seems logical to keep a journal of what I'm eating, and hopefully I can get some good tips on the way - I could use them.

So...Today, so far, I've had...

Breakfast:
1 banana
1 lemon
A few strawberries.
A few bites of random veggies such as olives or a pickle.

Lunch:
A medium-sized salad with: lettuce, carrot, radish, pickle, olives, celery, broccoli, and mushroom.

Does it seem unreasonable for me to be making this change on my own when I'm only 15? Also, I wish I could find more simple raw recipes that I'll be able to make.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Going raw.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 07, 2006 04:59AM

Aloha,

I think you should really be careful and not do this on your own!!! This is a wonderful lifestyle but you are at an age where nutrition is so very important!

Your bones are still growing for just an example. Please get support with someone who really knows this well.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 12, 2006 10:53PM

-You sound very intelligent!

-I think if you have been slowly transitioning over a period of time....and you have done all the research....then you should move forward with what YOU think is right. ANY age is a good one to follow your dreams!

-Stick to the fruits and vegetables that you love....and set small goals to increase your percentage of all-raw by 1-2% per week beyond where you are currently comfortable with!

-Remember that you are making changes for a LIFETIME! Ha! ha! Unless you have a deep plan to get really healthy and then gorge on pizza! LOL. It's all good.

-David Mason

Posted by: jdc5390 ()
Date: June 26, 2006 02:31AM

"This is a wonderful lifestyle but you are at an age where nutrition is so very important!"

Wouldn't it make it a better reason to be in this diet NUTRITION.

Im 16 as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables