Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

waking the dawn
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 20, 2008 05:38AM

I've always found introductions a bit awkward, but at the same time I often tend to write too much most of the time (maybe I find it, um... therapeutic?). winking smiley Lol, I am very tired right now and should be going to sleep... but I want to start this NOW so that I have a fresh day tomorrow. I apologize for any typos, grammatical errors, and non-sensical... um, things... I might say. I'm blaming it on my yawning brain (and, yes, in case you were wondering, brains can yawn. Or it feels like they should...)

I 'discovered' raw foods about three years ago, but have not been very good at sticking with it. About the same time, I was also diagnosed with an eating disorder, so my intentions for following a raw-food diet have not always been pure. However, though my reasons for sticking with a raw food diet have been more image and weight-loss related as health-related, I do know that raw foods have a healing power. When I am good to my body, feed it raw foods, listen to it... the disorder disappears, I feel happier, more confindent, my energy soars. I have been in a terrible slump lately and want to get back there. I have reached that point where I genuinely want to get well- I am tired of being sick, or letting this disorder order my life (so to speak), of being unable to live my life the way I want because I have trapped myself with a self-destructive prison.

It is my hope that keeping this diary/blog, as well as reading other's, will give me the motivation and accountability I need to truly succeed in combating this illness once and for all.

I will begin tomorrow by consuming only fresh fruits and vegetables. I will avoid fats for now, as my body is pretty stressed out from everything I've put it through. My goal is to consume only fresh fruits and vegetables (with occasional nuts, seeds, avocados, and raw oils if I feel I really need them) through June 9th. On June 10th I am leaving for Japan and will be traveling with my best friend and her family, so I will be going 'off diet' a bit then. I fully intend to make this a life-style change, though. I don't want to become obsessive with this (as I have obsessional tendencies and they have only proved destructive), so aside from healing my body with alive foods, I also want to learn how to forgive myself again, too. And to take whatever life throws and me and make the absolute best of it.

Anyway, I am happy to have found this place, and look forward to meeting new people and making a positive change in my life!

Thank you!

(see? this got long, right? me and writing.. I just can't shut up... winking smiley ).

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables