Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Can I make Dog & Cat food from my Juice Pulp?
Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: August 03, 2006 01:56AM

Ok, so I hate wasting all the pulp when I make juices so I was wondering if I could mix it with some wet food and give it to my animals. I haven't gotten my pets on raw yet but I'd like to since my cat is getting really fat. Currently all they eat is natural dry food. So, I was thinking that I could coat the veggie pulp with wet food and see if they eat it...does anybody have any suggestions for a good way to do this? I don't want to upset their tummys.

I saw some of the other posts on this and there is no way I could cut up raw meat for them every day. That just doesn't sit right with me. Any suggestions would be helpful, Thanks!

Jen

Jen Rose

"You must first unlearn the lies, and then you will have room for the truth"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can I make Dog & Cat food from my Juice Pulp?
Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 07, 2006 06:51PM

Jen-

my dog eats most of my pulp. carrots, cabbage, broccoli, bell peppers, apples, cucumber, pear, plums, you get the picture. i posted earlier that i read that onions and garlic aren't ideal for pets, though some have told me their pets love onions. i found citrus isn't well liked. i give my dog the benefit of the doubt. currently my dog (who was a beautiful puppy and even was praised by a dog-food company exec who asked which brand i fed her b/c she was so loverly) is living on above pulp and fresh juices veggies just for her mixed with raw eggs. she doesn't wolf it down like wet food, but i don't mind. she is a picky eater and even stopped eating her dog food for days before.

hope that helps!
Mama Cass

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 27, 2006 10:52PM

My dog will pick out something that he doesn't like and not eat it, like peas! He eats slower too when eating the raw chicken, they are supposed to eat slow, while chewing those raw bones up.

I'm not crazy about cutting up chicken and handling raw meat, but I do it for my pet. I don't want to end up paying huge vet bills in the end because he's got some disease.

Same way with myself. I'm not thrilled about choking down nutrition every day, but I do it because I know there is no way to get enough what we need from the veggies in the store.

Go raw!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 28, 2006 05:27AM

Hi Jen Rose,

I know it's hard to cut up fresh meat however that's what they were designed to it. After sometime you will probably notice that they will start to look healthier and smarter.

smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables