Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

No Spots on Lawn
Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: April 30, 2008 04:56PM

i just recently learned that dog @#$%& is notorious for leaving browns spots on the lawn.

i checked my lawn, and no brown dying grass anywhere, certainly not in her chosen @#$%& spot.

does anyone know if this is due to a healthy diet (mostly raw with occasional cooked lamb from my husband's restaurant)- or what the deal is? she won't eat dog food (from puppyhood), and her @#$%& decomposes very rapidly- one rain and it's all gone. i thought this was normal, but just recently found out that others don't have this experience.

thought i'd check here...

peace-

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No Spots on Lawn
Posted by: flash ()
Date: June 25, 2008 08:03PM

My lawn used to be loaded with brown spots from both types of dog elimination. After being 99% raw for a few weeks, the "burn" spots stopped. The spots are caused by excessive (for the grass anyway) nitrogen content in the urine or feces. I've read that the cause is too much protien in the dog's food, but I believe it is actually from the grain content of commercial dog food. I had been feeding my dogs 100% raw meat and bones for over a year with no grass problems.

flash

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: June 26, 2008 12:34AM

`Interesting, excessive nitrogen content cause to much protien.
Please excuse me, Im kinda a dog at times I live in the country
out in the bush a bit. I take my walks and in the bush you are
free to pee on your walks on the land . if dogs can pee why cant we? I have a few spots like
`old dog where I pee regular on ground growth, grass, fern, and
I noticed that before I went raw, (Ate fish every other day)
where I peed the plants went from green to a brown or almost black.
Got sick with tumors to much Protien? so went raw for health and did
`notice my pee spots after raw would not brown or blackin growth.
`Mabey we can be tested for excess protien by peeing on a small part of the golf course if no country land aval and put the Brown Spots and yellow puff there.

Peace

Date: June 27, 2008 05:10PM

LOL!

I don't know if going high raw had anything to do with it or not, but there was an undeveloped lot kitty-corner from the bus stop that I used to relieve myself sometimes when I knew I couldn't wait for the half-mile walk home. The regular spot I used had an exposed root from a nearby Palo Verde tree which started growing a new tree after a few months of my contributions.

Unfortunately, the lot is being developed and the trees are gone. Fortunately (for me) I now have a bike to ride to and from the bus stop so I don't have to worry about that now.

flash

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: July 28, 2008 02:58AM

LOL!!!

love this!

my son, unfortunately, remembers every spot i ever peed on outside- and always thinks it's cook to announce as we pass-

i think the grains are bad, and bad proteins. i've also noticed temperment changes and breath/body odor issues with dog food.

peace-

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: August 02, 2008 12:47AM

Probably the same toxic junk that attracts flies. Raw fed dog crap doesn't attract flies.

Raw meat/dead animals attract flies and crows. But meat that goes through a dog and comes out the other end..doesn't. Food chain. smiling smiley

Date: August 04, 2008 05:34PM

LikeItOrNot:

I've never realized it before, but you are right! There were always fly worms (sounds better than the real word) in the dog droppings before I fed raw and there aren't now. Unfortunately, there are still too many flies around--likely from the horses half a block away.

flash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables