Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Feral Cats
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: January 03, 2010 01:12PM

There are two feral cats that use my place for hunting and hanging out. We have a great relationship where I respect their choice to be wild and they go about their business. I happen to have some suet sent to me for feeding birds but am more inclined to leave it out for the cats ahead of snow storms in particular, when the foraging could get difficult. They must know what suet is from their experience staking out bird feeding stations... The suet lists rendered beef suet, peanuts, millet, corn and oats in 11 oz packages and I have four packages. Should I put it out for them occasionally.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Feral Cats
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 03, 2010 05:50PM

if you start feeding any wild animal , its your responsibility to continue. Considering its winter (but im not sure where you live) it would be nice for them to have some feed at least thru the cold months now. You would have to google and see if peanuts or the other ingredients are toxic (i dont think they are)

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: January 03, 2010 07:19PM

I see, I wouldn't want them to get sick or to come to expect it. These cats are in their prime and healthy though a severe winter could be hard on them and we are just getting over a major early snowfall. I just have this one time supply of suet, something I wouldn't ordinarily buy.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 04, 2010 01:23AM

well i would toss it out there as a sporadic treat then .. that way they dont come to depend on it being there smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: January 04, 2010 01:53PM

Thanks, I put some out where they could find it and it disappeared. I imagine the mice, birds and rabbits are breathing a sigh of relief that the feral cats are a little less hungry today...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables