Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dogs/Cats and bowel movements..
Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: February 19, 2011 05:34AM

This debate comes up every few weeks on a Yahoo group I am on for raw fed animals. People think if dogs and cats aren't having bowel movements every day, then it means they are "utilizing" all their food and there is no waste. Does anyone here actually agree with that? If so, why?

I disagree. I think there should be some waste even if it's a small @#$%&. I've noticed days my dogs don't pass anything.. that by the time they do finally go.. it's a larger than normal stool. To me, that's obvious it's 2 days worth of build up. Plus there must be some other kind of bodily waste that must come out. Like when a dog doesn't get enough too eat and throws up bile. I might be using human logic here and things I've read about humans and keeping the colon cleanse/bowel movements.. even animals get colon cancer these days.. so it just seems like common sense to me that they should be going every day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dogs/Cats and bowel movements..
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 19, 2011 07:01AM

yeah, animals should definitely be going everyday, im no expert, but that IS nature... if they have a healthy balance of everything they need then they should be going every day...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 19, 2011 09:41AM

.. a dog on grain dogfood will probably poo 2-4 times (i used to work in a dog kennel and they @#$%& alot on unnatural food)

on raw natural food at least once a day maybe twice depending on the volume fed and wether its broken into 1 or several meals

dogs inttestines are short no reason for them not to @#$%& at least once day !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: BackAgain ()
Date: February 20, 2011 11:12PM

Yeah, see..knew it wasn't me. These people are nuts and I feel bad for the people taking the advice because the dogs will probably die from colon cancer or something stupid.

Naturally it does not even make sense. "Natural" is a dog/cat killing a small prey animal and eating the entire contents. Not killing a chicken or cow and just eating boneless meat that doesn't completely go through the system.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: February 22, 2011 10:32AM

quite true!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables