Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

living food for goldfish?
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 28, 2009 10:02AM

I have a goldfish, what could I do to provide her with appropriate living and raw foods?

Re: living food for goldfish?
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: December 02, 2009 12:59PM

Hi Mislu,

We often had fish growing up, sometimes tropical and often goldfish. An early memory was visiting a big goldfish pond in Maryland with my uncle. Later me and my brothers built a little goldfish pond with a shallow end with plants for filtering and a deep end so they could winter over under the ice. It still has goldfish after all these years, babies of the original ones I guess. They eat from the pond, insect larvae, bugs and nibble on plants and algae I guess. I didn't know they were omnivorous till looking it up.

Re: living food for goldfish?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 17, 2009 06:24PM

Green water extract is fairly easy to make you will have to look up the instructions online as there is a lot of different ways of going about it ... personally i start with a gallon jar of tank water and mix in some blended romaine lettuce i have a small air pump an stone in the jar to keep the water air circulated and keep it in a sunny window and in a week or so you should start seeing the gree algae forming .. thats green water extract

and

you can start by raising baby brine shrimp (or sea monkeys as they were called to children) my guppies love them as does my golds and my bettas smiling smiley

they are quite easy to raise

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2009 06:27PM by Jgunn.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables