Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pet Owner Rant
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 29, 2007 03:01PM

ok so a few months ago my boss comes into work and tells me he is gonna put his dog down (to sleep) because the kids (17 and 21) are not looking after him and he goes away on business trips

(id go to his house at times and the kids hadnt walked the dog or fed him or the cats there would be cat @#$%& and dog @#$%& from one end of the house to the other)

so im like NO WAY and i take this little dog home he is really a nice little lhasa apso, wasnt fixed, male and has some issues with possesiveness and agression but we are working through them.

this is the 2nd dog hes given away for this reason (kids not taking care of pets)

so he comes into work yesterday and says .. his daughter brought home this new dog , a french bulldog puppy

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHH

im like are you KIDDING ME?!??! You guys dont take care of the pets you had .. what are you thinking .. hes like i know i know but she promised this time ..

im so beside myself over this .. there should be laws against people like this but up here in canada unless the pet is getting abused (apparently starving and living in your own crap arent abuse?) the spca wont do diddley squat.

oh and their filthy rich too which makes it even more of a shame they can bloody well afford someone to come walk the pets feed them etc

sigh this really breaks my heart

i hate people that think pets are disposable it makes me want to cry

the last time he went away (for 2 weeks) 2 of their 3 cats went missing and i can only hope that they got out and found new homes

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Re: Pet Owner Rant
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 30, 2007 05:34AM

oh that is horrible hun!! wow i feel horrible for the pets...if she doesn't take care of the puppy send him to me smiling smiley
i will be in indiana lol!! but that is crazy reallY!
goodl uck you might start your own shelter smiling smiley
love ya
earthangel
xoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 30, 2007 02:41PM

As a mom of four adopted dogs - all rescues - I certainly feel your frustration. Some people are pet 'owners' and not 'parents'.

Since they have deep pockets why don't you recommend they find a pet sitter that can come by at least once a day (if not more) for walks, feeding and watering? That way the cats will be better taken care of and the poor puppy won't go neglected when the kids get tired of it?

Good luck in dealing with this situation. I probably would've lost my job by now 'cuz I would not be able to not say something - like 'are you an idiot or what?'. People can be so unthinking when it comes to their pets. Ugh!

Date: June 02, 2007 04:51PM

thanks folks .. i did just that ..i printed out the numbers of some pet sitters (and a few housecleaners)

lol guavagirl i know what you mean and i did just say OMG what are you thinking ?

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 05, 2007 01:21AM

That's so terrible..I'm sorry.

Have you actually been assertive in letting your boss know how you feel? You could take that plunge.

Or buy a book about pets and children, responsiblity, or something that tells them caring for a dog as a gift to your boss and family. The pet sitter service is a good option.

I don't know, it's so hard to even hear about stuff like this let alone be involved in it. I'm afraid that at my age, I know I'd say something.

Ultimatley it's your bosses responsiblity to make sure the pet is cared for, and should quit discarding animals as if they don't mean a thing.

Good luck!

Love,
Prism

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2007 01:25AM by Prism.

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: July 03, 2007 10:03AM

Maybe you can offer your dog back to them! LOL But seriously, have you rhought to offer your dog back to them? I am curious as to what they would say about it. Have you had it neutered? I'll bet that they did not spade the one they have now.

Date: July 04, 2007 04:34AM

ive had him neutered now and hes a fine dog .. hes just like any other and needs attention smiling smiley

i wouldnt give him back if them paid me tongue sticking out smiley

no they havent even got their new dog fixed yet , in fact they havent even had it into the vet yet

this borders on animal abuse to me
, the new dog is crapping all over the house (thats neglect not taking it out when it needs too ) so they are crating it so it doesnt ..

i think im gonna have to do a dog napping soon or a anonymous phone call sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables