Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Veggies for my pups
Posted by: daisyduke ()
Date: May 30, 2007 05:58PM

Hello!
I'm trying to feed my two Maltese the best raw food diet possible. Usually they eat free range organic beef with all different parts ground in. They love raw chicken wings, too. Problem is - they don't really like veggies too much. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get them to eat more veggies? Thanks so much!
Love, Tammy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Veggies for my pups
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 30, 2007 06:48PM

just grate smaller amounts mix it into their food the smaller it is the harder it is to pick out smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: daisyduke ()
Date: June 03, 2007 04:31PM

Thank you!

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 12, 2007 02:58PM

Our dog became fonder of raw vegs the longer she was raw. At first she only wanted fruit and carrot - she would sneak into the compost bucket and eat scraps from it and the sweet cherries that fell from our trees onto the lawn.

Now she demands a share of nearly every raw food I eat including green soup and juices and coconuts.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: June 18, 2007 05:18AM

dogs don't need vegees..just meat, bones, and organ meats like liver and kidney...heart is considered a muscle meat. liver is a known laxative so be careful smiling smiley

Date: August 14, 2007 07:26PM

Dewey, it's possible those conclusions are based on cooked-fed pets and are long outdated. We don't know what dogs would or should eat because they've been domesticted for so long.

Many such assertions are made about humans, but they're based on promoting certain food industries and the past few millenia of cooked-fed humans.

People wind up repeating things they've heard, things that seem logical, and they take on a life of their own, becoming accepted truths.

Unil I know for sure that vegies are bad for dogs, I'll continue to compete with my dog for broccoli stems and other such goodies.

Date: August 14, 2007 07:33PM

Wow, that sounded so stern.....sorry! I am actually laughing cuz my dog and I are competing for raw broccoli as I write, and she's so funny about trying to get it.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 14, 2007 07:59PM

domestication doesn`t change dna. the dna of a domestic canine and a grey wolf are identical. not alike...identical.
the idea that canines don`t really need vegees isn`t promoting a food industry, i learned it from a board just like this vegan board. the sites that recommend vegees are usually promoting a raw ground food or the like. they aren`t recommending foods or anything, they`re just people who have done extensive research and want to feed their animals a species appropriate diet. there is debate over whether canines need vegees or not and it will always be a debate..there is solid info on both counts out there. wolves eat grasses and forage on dirt and stuff and the stomach contents are eaten so....anyways have a great time with your doggie and the broc war LOL. just know that dogs can`t digest veggees because they don`t produce amylase so if you want your pup to benefit from any nutritional properties of the vegees puree or cook them smiling smiley
patty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables