Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I have questions on feeding my cats the Raw Diet
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 01, 2007 11:06PM

Hi Everyone,

I have a lot of questions.

What exactly do you feed your cats that's raw?

Do you feed them egg yokes only or the whole egg? Do you mix it up in something? How often do you give them get eggs?

How small do you cut up the meat? Shouldn't it be in little bite size pieces or is big chunks okay?

Did I read somewhere not to give your cats ground up meat? Like ground chicken or turkey? Why is that?

If you can't get organic, is it okay to give your cats chicken livers?

This is what I'm feeding our cats at the moment. I just started a couple weeks ago --

raw goat's milk, raw goat cheese, egg yoke, chicken thighs cut up with the bone, ground turkey or ground chicken, chicken livers, gizzards.

What else should I be giving them? Fish? Beef? Lamb?

Thanks in advance.

Lois

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I have questions on feeding my cats the Raw Diet
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 02, 2007 06:55AM

hey therei am not sure..but i wanted to stop in and see how your daughter was doing...her beautiful spunky attitude i miss.she was chatting with me..so sweet..i nanny for one little gal her age and her sister is a year younger..i am 22 and love children they are my passion in life..and her and the little gal i nanny for and my little cousin who is 11 are so mature for their age i feel like i am talking with someone older and mature you knw?? anyways you have a beautiful wondeful daughter who is going to be something amazing one day (not that she isn't already)
reminds me of me a few years ago..my mom always was told i was so mature for my age haha!!
well anyways just wanted you to know how wonderful ofa job you have done with that little flowerstar! such a sweetie
take care
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxoox

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 02, 2007 04:54PM

all of the above is good lois .. my dogs and cats survived on farm fodder for years with kibble supplement (if they wanted it)

those books i mentioned by juliet d'barclay are really awesome for info about feeidng cats and dogs ..

far as the ground meat is concerned i dont know i never heard that but im guessing maybe its better for the critters to go thru the motions of chewing and crunching rather then having it done for them ..

smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: CherryBlossom ()
Date: June 03, 2007 12:26AM

The only thing my cat eats is raw beef (organic when possible) and some raw salmon whenever I can get it.

Occasionally, I also give him raw eggs as is.

He is super healthy and has never seen a vet. He is 3.5 years old.

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: June 06, 2007 07:34AM

aww that is awesome...hmm that is probably true..it is her totum animal..she sure is passionate about them..that is great though!!
you have done an amazing job with her
keep up the good work
love earthangel
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables