Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

great site if you love your pet
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 23, 2007 10:28AM

[www.naturalhealthtechniques.com]

This Naturopath isn't raw, but she seems really cool. Her site is loaded with informative articles and I just discovered the pet section - it's helpful and entertaining.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: great site if you love your pet
Date: August 24, 2007 05:43AM

For anyone who reads this page on the link I posted above, (or not), I'm wondering who communicates with their pets. I haven't read or tried the muscle testing thing with my dog, but we 'talk' all the time about basic things: meals, food, water, going to various places togther, etc.

In response to questions she understands she signals answers.

She distinctly makes 'yes', 'sounds good', 'I agree' signals: licks her nose straight up, licks to the side (don't know the difference but there probably is one), or blinks once still looking at me.

She also does body movements of course: throwing a look at her rearend means 'I have to go out and @#$%&'. If we're in the car and she is either thirsty or has to go, she jumps into my lap and pokes her nose on my nose and stares at me, then I name things she might want.

She (less distinctly) makes 'no' signals: lowers her gaze, half closes her eyelids, turns her head away or makes not change in her facial expression.

I only know one other person I can think of who seems to understand and communicate with his dog. Most people try to discipline them, which we hardly did with our dog.... she prefers dialoguing with us to blindly obeying orders. She's quite cooperative when she understands something.

Anyone else have a similar relationship with a pet?

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: August 28, 2007 05:14PM

My dogs often tell me what they want. My 4 yr old Jack Russell plants himself beside me on the couch and stares at me when he knows his walk is overdue. He will often plant his paws right on my chest and stare intensely right into my eyes,it cracks me up.

The older one, he's 7, barks when he wants something, sometimes he seems to be yelling, we've had some very vocal dog/human arguments usually over toys or food.

My favourite is when I slowly blink my eyes from across the room and they blink back. I think it means I trust you.

Date: August 29, 2007 12:13AM

I could 'see' all that from your post. It's funny when they stare at you just waiting for you to get it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 15, 2007 07:38PM

My cat Gypsy talks to me all the time. She makes a specific noise when she wants to get my attention. It's really amazing, it actually sounds like she's saying "mom". Ever since she was a kitten I always encouraged her to be vocal about her needs. Communication is a huge part of our relationship and the best part is there is never any guess work with her. I always know by the sound she is making what she wants. Everyone who sees us interact is amazed. It's probably the strongest bond I've ever had with an animal.

keep on talking!
-Linds.

Date: November 15, 2007 11:45PM

I love reading about others who converse with their pets - interesting and inspiring!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 04, 2008 10:13PM

Yes, truly wonderful to read about!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables