Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

incontenance
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 07, 2007 09:48PM

My 2 year old Ridgeback ate the BARF diet until 6 months and then we went to EVO dry/no grain kibble. She has always eaten 1/2 banana daily along with other acceptable fruits and vegies... question is, why has she become incontenant? It comes and goes. Totally uncontolled on her part. I thought it might be cat @#$%& which she liked to dig up and eat, but even after I got her off that, she would occassionally pee here or there... Not squating to pee, but just flow from her while lounging. I thought maybe it might be a toxic grass up here in the Northwest, but I've kept her from that... seemed successful until this morning when she piddled not once *let her out to pee, started the washaing machine", but then a second time. I wonder if it's the banana. She got a couple pieces this morning that were more ripe than usual. Could it be the sugar in the banana? Anyone out there who might have an answer, I'd be very gratefu. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: incontenance
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 08, 2007 04:34PM

I have no idea, but I think you're right to limit her sugar intake. My dog will eat fallen fruit and beg for my fruit, but I think it exacerbated her anal gland problem, so I don't give her any now. I do give her some green smoothie and non-sweet fruits and pieces of yam, all of which she begs for. She's all-raw and is very healthy, though I know she has a few little things I would improve if I could (allergic to chicken, anal gland problem, eats ANYTHING from the street ), but she came to us with these probs, so don't know their origins or what to do, except take her to a homeopath.

Let us know how it goes.

julie-ann lee homeopath

This is our vet, who is actually an animal-loving homeopath. You might find some info on your prob. from one of her pages. She used to write a column in our city's paper about helping animals with alternative medicine.

Re: incontenance
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 08, 2007 05:06PM

Could she have a urinary tract infection? My dog gets those, but she is recovering from lymphoma. You might take a urine sample into the vet, just to make sure. If you do antibiotics, give her probiotics also at the opposite time of the day. I am going to start giving mine a couple of tablespoons of 100% cranberry juice (organic, not from concentrate, in a glass jar - from Trader Joes) twice a day and see if that helps prevent future infections.

Good luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables