Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What about treats?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 18, 2007 10:47PM

Any fun treat suggestions? I give my dog treats like little green breath biscuits, and dehydrated chicken or beef treats. What are people (with experience)'s thoughts on treats with flour/wheat?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What about treats?
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 26, 2007 01:14AM

Our chihuahua is allergic to grains - meats and vegs are fine.

The only snack food she gets is dried ooligans.....I've given them to large dogs visiting us and they love them too, though they're small morsels for large dogs.

Re: What about treats?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: October 29, 2007 03:00AM

If you're already using dehydrated beef why do you need other ideas?

I think those "fun" bakery style treats are for YOU and other people who still have the cooked mentality. There's no such thing as "fun" treats like donuts and fake oreos, the dog is happy eating a treat no matter what it looks like. The "fun" factor is eye candy for you, not the dog. And certainly not healthy.

Assuming you eat raw yourself, that's like telling yourself that you need to buy a "fun" treat for yourself like M&Ms because they have cartoon commercials and such bright, attractive colors..the same gimmic all junk food uses and why kids think they need to eat something after seeing a "fun" commercial!

Personally, I use these for training treats or whatever..
[www.bravorawdiet.com]

And Beef Marrow Bones to give them something to chew and keep themselves busy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables