Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ughh wish I could do something to shrink this tumor
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: March 19, 2008 01:57AM

I have a rat with a tumor covering half his head. I tried the wheatgrass thing but he wanted no part of drinking the juice or me getting any in his mouth. I mixed a tiny bit in the water bottle and he threw a fit and kept slamming the thing against the tank. lol.

Just keeps getting bigger and bigger and it's completley extrenal growing OUTSIDE, not on his brain or anything so if I could shrink it with something he'd be fine.

He's like on a diet of millet and quinoa and flax sprouts. lol And yogurt..probably not the best but they love it and gets extra minerals into them..and it's low protein. I think wheatgrass sprouts are too high in protein. (i've lost others because of renal failure from high protein diets/raw food)

UGH!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ughh wish I could do something to shrink this tumor
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: March 19, 2008 04:16PM

I would try Lugol's Iodine Solution either the 2 or 5%..add a drop a day to fresh water bowl every morning..and you can take some straight and rub in a couple drops into the tumor.

You might try castor oil too..just rub some into his head daily..maybe for the afternoon or evening after doing the Iodine.

Doe you feed him green veggies too? Do rats eat green veggies? Maybe just offer the water and some fresh green veggies and nothing else..see what happens.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: March 30, 2008 02:18PM

The rats in my neighborhood like fruit in season. They go after my tomatoes and watermelons in particular, and would probably like to see me plant more variety judging by the way they just knaw on less tasty veggies. They like squash too if it's all that's in season.

I've never actually caught them in the act so I just checked what wild rats tend to eat. Here is what one author recently suggests based on the wild:

berries banana grape/raisin melon prune/plum banana apple

kale broccoli bok choy broccoli kale broccoli bok choy

sprouts tomato parsley corn squash peas carrot

beans sweet potato beans liver/oysters beans sweet potato liver/oysters

[www.ratfanclub.org]

Wow! I better patch the holes in my fence!

Hope your rat is feeling better..

Date: March 30, 2008 07:57PM

"beans-sweet potato-liver/oysters"

sorry forgot--these items need to be cooked pretty sure

Date: March 31, 2008 05:35PM

Thanks. I do give him some vegetables.

He's still alive and this thing is still growing. His eye is sealed shut because of the pressure..actually if I could shrink it, his eye is fine. It's just so heavy that its forced shut most of the time. I've decided to torture him and hold him with a towel and giving him E3Live he hates it but for some reason he's even more active. So yeah it's doing something. I'm also using Olive Leaf Extract because supposedly it cuts blood supply off to tumors? Eh. No idea. But it's not hurting him.

I have some wheatberries sprouting. It's not like humans where we can't digest the grass and he eats them sprouted so I'm trying it.just hopefully I can keep the protein down in his diet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2008 05:37PM by LikeItOrNot.

Date: April 01, 2008 12:02AM

That's good news on the E3Live! It's alkalizing too I imagine....hope he learns to accept some of these things without World War III.

Did you say in your original post he likes yogurt....that's actually 24 to 44% protein depending whether it is whole or skimmed--

[www.nutritiondata.com]

--found out the hard way when I used to eat too much yogurt and my sweat would reek of amonia, a nasty byproduct of excess protein metabolism.

That's a good sign his eyes are healthy..

And they DO like sprouts don't they....they take sunflower seeds from the birdfeeder and sprout them in the ground in the border!! SMART!

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: April 01, 2008 08:05PM

Have you spoken to a vet yet? I know that vets and rodents don't always go well together, but if the thing is getting bigger and is closing the little guy's eye, it may be distressing for him?

Maybe someone can suggest a website for rodent vetinary advice/questions on this matter?

Date: April 02, 2008 03:32AM

rawnoggin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have you spoken to a vet yet? I know that vets and
> rodents don't always go well together, but if the
> thing is getting bigger and is closing the little
> guy's eye, it may be distressing for him?
>
> Maybe someone can suggest a website for rodent
> vetinary advice/questions on this matter?

Nah, it's really not bothering him at all. It got infected once, I got rid of the infection (echniacea) I've done the rodent forums already and posted pics and those people are all for surgeries and putting them out of their misery but he's not in any pain. Because of the spot it's in, they can't remove it anyway because it's too close to the brain. It's pretty obvious when these guys are suffering and he's acting like himself. He's got too much life left in him.

Date: April 02, 2008 03:38AM

loeve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's good news on the E3Live! It's alkalizing
> too I imagine....hope he learns to accept some of
> these things without World War III.
>
> Did you say in your original post he likes
> yogurt....that's actually 24 to 44% protein
> depending whether it is whole or skimmed--
>
> [www.nutritiondata.com].
> html
>
> --found out the hard way when I used to eat too
> much yogurt and my sweat would reek of amonia, a
> nasty byproduct of excess protein metabolism.
>
> That's a good sign his eyes are healthy..
>
> And they DO like sprouts don't they....they take
> sunflower seeds from the birdfeeder and sprout
> them in the ground in the border!! SMART!

Wow..didn't realize that about the protein. I only give a few drops though once or twice a week.

I've been addicted to yogurt and my sweat never smelled like amonia. weird.I was going through the 32oz Stonyfield Plain/Ogranic in 2 days. lol I never had a taste for "sour" type stuff until somehow getting used to Synergy Kombucha. I used yogurt because it's cheaper and it kept me away from icecream. lol Once I gave the little guys some of it.. they'd smell it when I came in the room with it and came out from their little wooden houses twitching their noses. I wonder why they're even attracted to it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables