Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The sweet nature of animals! :-)
Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: April 01, 2008 08:00PM

I was coming back from work today and this cute little female tortoiseshell cat ran out from nowhere and miaowed hello and came up for a cuddle.

When I got home, my two boys made a fuss of me and my neighbours cat was miaowing hello through the window.

Why is it that humans shy from public displays of affection to even their nearest and dearest, yet other living creatures- everything from cats to birds to even insects will approach complete strangers without fear (despite everything we do to them!) and say hello to us?

Lots of love for all living creatures smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The sweet nature of animals! :-)
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: April 02, 2008 03:44AM

Depends on the animal just like the person and how they were brought up or socialized and what's happened to them in their life. And I guess some animals can read people just like people can. Not all animals are loving and welcoming in anymore than people are.

You know, i hate the opposite. Why do people approach animals when the animal is obviously not interested? When a dog is with his owner and you (Not you, hypothetically speaking) do your "awww come here" gaga thing and the dog sulks his head down, tucks his tail in between his legs and walks away and hides behind his owner..Why would you keep going towards him to satisfy your own weird craving of touching a dog's head? God that drives me nuts.

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: April 07, 2008 02:35PM

LOL, yeah I definitely agree with you there. I remember having a party when I was a kid and my friend kept picking up my neighbours cat (who was friendly, but was very heavy and hated being picked up) and wouldn't leave the poor guy alone!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 08, 2008 12:17AM

our cats are mookies, so super affectionate. then again, my whole family is pretty huggy kissy touchy feely so i'm not surprised. the little man has been carting them around the house and sleeping with them under his covers since we brought them home as wee kittens. a bunch of love bunnies, the lot of them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables