Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

work outs
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 12, 2006 04:06AM

when you work out is it more cardio, or weights? just curious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: work outs
Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: June 12, 2006 04:11AM

when im not lifting watermelons its all about the bike

Date: June 12, 2006 04:24AM

ok.thank you.Are you a melon picker too? Every year here in Muscatine, they hire on pickers for melons, strawberries, and corn. That's a LLLLOOOOONNNGGG day's work! Thanks again for the reply!

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: June 12, 2006 12:10PM

HI Luna,

I practice a mixture of yoga and ballet exercises regularly and go to the gym once a week. What do you do?

Mona

So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: June 12, 2006 02:22PM

I do cardiovascular workouts 6 or 7 days a week (running, biking and swimming, with a stray elliptical session tossed in when I feel like a break). I tend to do pull-ups and push-ups (isometrics) rather than weights, though I have been known to crank out a few reps with the iron. Generally I am more of a cardio fiend than a weight lifter.

Raw Daddy -- livin' raw and lovin' it

Date: June 12, 2006 03:16PM

I'm beginning to get into women's natural body building, so I do 6 days of cardio(bike, elyptical,swim,tredmill,or stairmaster) then I do 4 days of lifting with my trainer, Nothing heavy yet, but I'll be increasing my weight within the next week or so, I think.

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: June 12, 2006 04:07PM

luna sky,

picking watermelon off the vine is high on my list of aspirations

til then i just pick them from the produce department

a few times i've pedaled a halfer home

but not easy being all uphill

fruitgirl

Date: June 12, 2006 04:28PM

that sounds like a dang good cardio workout! not to mention a specified one for your legs! kudo's to you on that one! ! !

Date: June 12, 2006 05:37PM

I do Calisthenics/bodywieght excercises for functional strength and endurance and I go hiking for my cardio.

Running after my 2 year old takes care of anything else!!!

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 12, 2006 05:44PM

I do urban rebounding 5 days a week and am just starting to get into building my body without weights. I still use kettelbells and clubbells but Matt Furey so inspired me with the ripped physique he has built with "no weights" that I just ordered his program.

Cheers,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: June 12, 2006 06:24PM

cool! I have noticed that womens body building seems to be fading out as a popular sport. I hope to bring it back a little bit. I don't know where else to start other than diet and trainer. How long (average) does it take to see significant differences?

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 13, 2006 02:37AM

luna,

The results are more obvious if you're working out without weights because you're using muscle to build muscle and the resistance works quickly. It takes longer if you're using weights but, if you have to, go with kettlebells or clubbells because you will get the best workout you can get with those age old systems.

Peace,

Marcos

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: June 13, 2006 03:31AM

thank you for the advice! ! I still have a couple layors of fat over any muscle I may be gaining. Hopefully, I'll be seein' some serious definition soon.LOLOL! !

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: June 13, 2006 03:59AM

I work out 6 days a week either running or biking and when in Florida riding my bike to the beach and then swimming.

I also do about and an hour a day of yoga and every other day some strenghtening asanas and body lifts.

And 6 days a week go to the market and carry my 12 to 15 pounds of fruits and veggies home once a week I go by bike.

Love Peace and Happiness,
Cherimoya

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: June 13, 2006 06:38AM

Lately I've been doing pushups 5 days a week, squats 5 days a week (no weights).. Basketball once or twice a week, or Football. And Pilates once a week.

Posted by: EmilyS ()
Date: June 13, 2006 12:45PM

I bike to/from my school. That is 7 miles total of chaotic city biking. Today I am taking the subway in and running home (with backpack). I try to alternate.

I also do a exercise ball, hand weights, medicine ball routine that I picked parts up of the 'ultimate new york body plan' fitness program book. That book kicked my ass into shape quickly, but a year of grad school turned me back into a creampuff. I am just getting back into shape.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables