Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

epilepsi
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 12, 2006 04:02PM

does anyone have first hand experience on the effects of raw foods on epilepsi? My mom has this and I was wondering if it would help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: epilepsi
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 12, 2006 06:11PM

-As with other diseases...the paradigm is that a good diet sets the stage and eliminates barriers so that the body can be in the state it WANTS to be in - a state of health. Eliminating 'other' wants - conscious or subconscious is what we are all about.

On the practical side, you can set the stage by utilizing:

Opinion:

-All you can do is what you can do: set the stage for healing.

-Cooking damages the food you eat - so avoiding it as much as possible will certainly speed your recovery. As will:

1) Fresh air
2) Intelligent sunlight exposure
3) Light exercise
4) Simpler eating
5) Pure water
6) Joyful work
7) Service to others
8) Acceptance
9) Light fasting

-I mean heck, what else CAN you do....other than all you can do?

-David Mason

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: June 12, 2006 06:59PM

Luna,

There was a beautiful film (I can't remember the name of the film) about a real program at Mayo Clinic called the KETOGENIC DIET for controlling epileptic seizures through fasting (you will like that David) and a restricted diet. Meryl Streep played the mother of an epileptic child. The end of the movie featured several of the real life people who had followed the program and fully recovered from having seizures (without medication). You might try calling the clinic and asking about the program. Another source would be Johns Hopkins University.

Before the use of dilantin, the Ketogenic Diet was THE treatment for epilepsy from the 1920s, and it was discovered as a result of the success of treating epilepsy through fasting. Apparently after dilantin, very few people continued to use the diet until 1994.

Most of the information on the diet involves children, so I don't know how effective this would be for your mother, or even if she'd be into it, but GOOD LUCK! And if this ketogenic diet would work, it's possible a raw food diet would work. But I'd consult with a doctor to determine the similarities.

-Ally

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 12, 2006 07:08PM

Her epilepsi was caused by a fall as a 2yr. old. Now she is taking dilantin, depakote and synthroid for thyroid problems. When she first started taking medication for this at age 3, she was taking phenobarbitol. That caused her to loose all of her teeth at 17. If I can find a diet to get her off meds, I'll be a happy camper. Thanks for all of your help!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 13, 2006 02:42AM

In a number of cases naturopaths have reported that ridding the person of all parasites ends the epilepsy.

Most people don't want to even consider that they have parasites in them, much less do the treatment. But if I were epileptic that's the first thing I would try is some really SERIOUS cleansing that includes parasite ousting.

All that said, I think there ARE other causes of epilepsy. My guess is that there are two or more symptoms that LOOK and SEEM like the same problem but are different in their cause. Wish I could remember the other cause (besides worms and all), but cannot remember now. Sorry! (I wonder if it had to do with heavy metals, but really I cannot remember!)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables