Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A newbie seeks help!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 22, 2008 03:30PM

Hi! I am new here!
Im 21 and desperately in need of detox. my young body. For 20 years or so I ate a lot of meat. Now I want to change that - I feel sorry for the poor animals.
I have been poisoning my body with gluten, casein, lactose, salt and sugar. I want to change that too!
A friend of mine recommended me a book for raw foodism: The author proposes avoiding any kind of meat (including fish) and concentrating on raw vegetarian/vegan food.
The only clue I know about this book is that the author is a male, American with Polish origin.
First, I thought of Udo Erasmus. But his book about fats is not stressing on raw foodism? Can you help me find it? Thanks in advance!

If you can suggest me any book that will introduce me to the world of raw foods - I will appreciate that! I am also in need of some recipes to get me started. I am not a good cook, sad smiley

Re: A newbie seeks help!
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 22, 2008 04:55PM

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

^A thread of good books.

We also have a recipes forum here, and [goneraw.com] is a GOLD MINE for recipes.

The website [www.rawfoodexplained.com] is very purist (not all raw foodists are Natural Hygenists), but it lays down the ABCs of raw foods and why things work the way they do.

Good luck! Happy reading!

Date: May 22, 2008 10:34PM

Read "Raw life" by Paul Nison.

Congrats on wanting to give up meat.
It has done me much harm,and will do me good that I gave it up.
As far as getting started...just a plate of lettuce leaves,celery sticks,carrot sticks,cucumber slices,sprouts....is a GREAT start.
Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2008 10:35PM by Raw1228.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 22, 2008 11:50PM

Hello and welcome to raw foods. To get started get some raw food and eat it and then for the next meal eat some more raw food etc, etc. listen to your body and learn as you go.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 23, 2008 04:41AM

I was wondering if you were thinking of Juliano Brotman. I am not sure if he is Polish, though. Maybe Polish-Jewish?

Date: May 23, 2008 05:18AM

Juliano Brotman is an Italian. I checked. sad smiley

I was thinking of first reading Udo Erasmus' "Fats that heal, fats that kill". Then maybe I should either read something from Gabriel Cousens or from Paul Nisen.

Date: May 23, 2008 12:13PM

Posted by: khalderon (IP Logged)
Date: May 22, 2008 10:18PM

Fats that heal, fats that kill

ABOUT FATS -- My rule of thumb about fats is if the fat is part of whole raw fresh natural food it is probably OK to eat and if its not then you might want to avoid it.

Date: May 24, 2008 10:04PM

I think it awsome you are making a positive change in your diet so early in life.
It's going to play a big part in living a truly abundant life.

One of my favorite authors is David Wolfe.

If you are like me and get alot from visual learning you can find him on youtube or thebestdayever.com

wishing you love and abundance,
Alix

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: May 24, 2008 11:40PM

a note of encouragement-
you don't have to be able to cook at all on raw foods-
good ingredients taste good, and all you have to do is eat it! and raw foods are minimal preparation.

recipes- check out the recipe forum- but really, large salads with greens, smoothies with fruit and greens, just fresh food cut in nice ways is the way to start. elaborate gourmet raw foods recipes only complicate my life.

peace-

Date: May 25, 2008 12:03AM

Recipes are not necessary and in fact you are better off without them because raw foods digest better if eaten simply by themselves. The best foods to eat are whole, fresh, raw, and eaten simply.

Date: May 25, 2008 07:29AM

Thanks for the kind replies. I ordered Gabriel Cousens' Rainbow life. Hope to learn more from it!

Btw, where do you get protein from?

Posted by: Rose of Cairo ()
Date: May 27, 2008 01:08PM

Hi! I'm a noob too, but I do know that greens (green leafy vegetables) contain lots of protein. You can read about it in Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko :-)

I guess there are too in nuts & seeds.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables