Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Allergies?
Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: June 04, 2008 11:56PM

Dear all,

I hope some can please help me with this (as you all do, always, Tahnkssmiling smiley

My husband used to suffer from allergies (like pollen, ragweeds etc and used to cough and sneeze a lot). But after he went high raw, these allergies automatically vanished. We haven't moved or the climate has not changed - its just that the same spring/ summer allergens do not affect him any more. He was doing great until about 5 days ago...

He started sneezing lots and his eyes were itchy and watery. He started a juice fast two days before this sneezing started.

So anyways three days ago he sneezed way lot and went to the doctor and he said nothing to be worried about just take Claritin/ Allegra for the entire season - there is nothing wrong with you, its normal to sneeze during the season.

I am not sure I can accept that. I mean realy, I can't think that it is normal to take anti histamines every day for several months..

Can some one please tell me why you think he has the "allergies" suddenly? Could it be that he is detoxing because of the juice fast - but he sure looks like he has "Hay Fever" - could that also be part of detox? Does juice fast bring out "allergy" type of feeling?

Thanks for your help...

Take care
A Iyer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2008 11:57PM by anuiyer7.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Allergies?
Posted by: redstar_38 ()
Date: June 05, 2008 12:04AM

ugh..i understand! My allergies have def. improved since i started raw, but I still get itchy eyes/nose and throat occasionally....I hope one day it goes away for good!
Today is not a good day for my allergies. I am feeling blah.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 05, 2008 12:42AM

There could be something new in the plant world that is irritating him. For example in the beginning of spring there is so much pine dust from the pine trees that there is a yellow powdering all over everything. It gives us all a bad headache. It only lasts a month or so. I don't think anyone should take those drugs. I believe they are harmful to one's health. If you allow honey in your diet, local honey can relieve allergies to plants.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 05, 2008 05:18AM

It could also be the difference between high raw, 100% raw, and/or extended time on the raw diet.

My allergies have improved DRAMATICALLY, and I thought they were gone forever... But I spent a lot of time playing with my friend's new cat the other week, and realized, I still have some cat allergies kicking around. I'm confident that with enough time and dietary tweaking, they will pass. I haven't quite jumped the 6 month hurdle, yet. tongue sticking out smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables