Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Depressed - Asthma came back...
Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: June 09, 2008 05:09PM

Hi all,

I posted about my husband's sudden "allergies" in another post.. He had asthma for several years and after going raw, his asthma completely disappeared. We thought it did. Two weeks back, when this whole "allergy" start, and he suffered from that and the sneezing etc stopped. But suddenly teh asthma is back and he is back on inhalers. I don't know what to do. He suffered a lot with it over the weekend and just like before he went raw.

He has not taken his meds or inhaers in a long time and was feeling absolutely fine. No asthma. He has not changed his diet, he has not done anything differently - but the asthma is back.

I am so depressed - I thought we have the answers to our prayers and our solution is to go raw and slowly we will improve. We did improve and he is now back to teh way he was before?

What did he do? what went wrong? In teh raw journey do diseases which were under control and managed without toxic meds, do they come back? If so, what do we do?

PS: He already saw his doctor, who ofcourse said, just take your inhaler and you can manage - nothing to worry about...

Also, he tried juice fasting and water fasting for few days now and also he did Salt water flush once. What else do we do? Do I just give up hope and believe that he can't do without meds?

Any words of encouragement or hope or advise will help.

Tears...

Take care
A Iyer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2008 05:11PM by anuiyer7.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Depressed - Asthma came back...
Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: June 09, 2008 05:17PM

Type milk and asthma into any search engine and you will get a lot of info about milk causing asthma.

Date: June 09, 2008 05:19PM

He is 100% raw vegan
Hasn't had milk in a very long time...

Thats why this bother me so much. I am only high raw but he is 100% raw. Doesn't smoke, drink alcohol, or eat junk foods. He eats mostly fruits.

Thanks
Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: June 09, 2008 05:36PM

What kind of raw diet is he eating and how long has he been raw. What is the climate like you live in are a few questions I think would help get some guesses for you to start.

From my experiences with other ailments there can be relapses and alot of times the problem might have never left but raw foods helped subdue them. As you may know mental state, exercise, etc., etc also play a role. Maybe not directly but they effect our digestion which could have a chain effect. I guess we really need some details or else it's all guesswork.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 09, 2008 07:14PM

I've battled asthma my whole life. When I was growing up my parents smoked in the house (this was in the ignorant 60's) and couldn't figure out why I was always on the verge of death. I "outgrew" it as a teenager, but in my 30's was again diagnosed after starting smoking myself and wearing out my body with an insane schedule (10 shifts a week, school and three teenagers). I quit smoking 4 years ago and the asthma went away mostly, but I get a little wheezy when I'm in California or have a chest cold, or am really stressed. I think my lungs are just compromised in general. So I always take echinacea and astralagus whenever I feel like I'm starting to get something, and I try to watch my stress levels. It's way better than it used to be though. When ma huang was readily available, I used to like clockwork.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: June 09, 2008 08:28PM

My daughter saw a major improvement in her asthma too since going raw, but, if she exercises when the house is too warm she gets the asthma chest pains. The more greens we keep adding to our diet, the less problems she has with asthma.

Sometimes, the air quality gets so bad it just creates problems regardless of how optimum a persons diet is. Those environmental toxins in the air just wreak havoc with our bodies. So you see, diet is only part of the health equation. Environmental factors also effect us and no doubt, are what causing your husband's symptoms to resurface.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: June 10, 2008 02:10AM

A, Read Hulda Clark's book "The Cure to all diseases". In it, she explains that Asthma is caused by worms (parasites) in the lungs. You have to kill the parasites. Often, it is cats that carry these parasites and the infect the human. You have to kill the parasites with a parasite zapper.

A raw food diet won't in itself kill off the parasites.

Good luck. Therese

Date: June 10, 2008 03:12PM

Thanks all. I felt really down yesterday that somehow everything went to the way we were before raw...

I guess I have learned that cure is not just thru' the diet. Cure is remving mental patterns that cause the disease also, and lifestyle change.

I guess it went to my head that I am eating better than most everyone in teh family and now I feel humbled. I feel that it is better not to demand that we be free of all ilness right now, but to just let life flow and take us in the right direction.

Even if some disease comes back, that doesn't make the diet bad, but it is just that we need to work on other areas.

I truly have learnt valuable tips from you all about diet as well as other areas.

Thanks for all the help.

Love you all.

Take care
A Iyer

Date: June 11, 2008 03:29AM

life101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A, Read Hulda Clark's book "The Cure to all
> diseases". In it, she explains that Asthma is
> caused by worms (parasites) in the lungs.

Not to take on the great Hulda Clark but not everything is caused by parasites. Knowing how milk causes mucus to increase in the body it makes more sense if milk was the main cuprit. Even singers give up milk so that their lungs are clear.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: June 11, 2008 01:14PM

anuiyer7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks all. I felt really down yesterday that
> somehow everything went to the way we were before
> raw...
>
> I guess I have learned that cure is not just thru'
> the diet. Cure is remving mental patterns that
> cause the disease also, and lifestyle change.
>
> I guess it went to my head that I am eating better
> than most everyone in teh family and now I feel
> humbled. I feel that it is better not to demand
> that we be free of all ilness right now, but to
> just let life flow and take us in the right
> direction.
>
> Even if some disease comes back, that doesn't make
> the diet bad, but it is just that we need to work
> on other areas.
>
> I truly have learnt valuable tips from you all
> about diet as well as other areas.
>
> Thanks for all the help.
>
> Love you all.
>
> Take care
> A Iyer

Wow, very nice, wish most people would think this way or be this open minded :O)

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 11, 2008 10:46PM

"I feel that it is better not to demand that we be free of all illness right now, but to just let life flow and take us in the right direction."

^^I'm definitely making a note of that! Thank you. =)

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: June 12, 2008 05:12AM

i hope the asthma clears again

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 12, 2008 05:21PM

anuiyer7,

There are many levers of lifestyle that can be manipulated to improve one's health. Clearly eating a raw vegan diet is one of them, but not the only one. The other healthful lifestyle habits include getting sufficient sleep and rest, reducing stress/worry/anxiety, getting sunshine and fresh air, clean water, exercise, etc.

So if some element of healthful lifestyle has recently gone out of balance, this could shift a person back into an unhealthful state.

But if nothing has changed, then perhaps the body was going into a healing crisis, using the lungs as a means to remove toxins and poisons from the body. I had a situation similar to this, except my body chose to use extreme fatigue to get me to take a break.

It may be that your husband needs to take a break right now, and to provide even more rest and sleep by not working, perhaps even looking at a supervised water fast, for his body to do the healing that is being asked for by his body right now.

Check out the articles on [www.rawfoodexplained.com] about Allergies, as there is some stuff there about asthma.

Date: June 13, 2008 01:04AM

I just came across something about raisins causing athsma on another forum:
[www.rawfoodtalk.com]

"Raisins and Sulfites
Commercially grown dried raisins may be treated with sulfur dioxide gas during processing. They may also be treated with sulfites to extend their shelf life.

Sulfur-containing compounds are often added to dried foods like raisins as preservatives to help prevent oxidation and bleaching of colors. The sulfites used to help preserve dried raisins cause adverse reactions in an estimated one out of every 100 people, who turn out to be sulfite sensitive.

Sulfite reactions can be particularly acute in people who suffer from asthma. The Federal Food and Drug Administration estimates that 5 percent of asthmatics may suffer a reaction when exposed to sulfites.

Foods that are classified as "organic" do not contain sulfites since federal regulations prohibit the use of these preservatives in organically grown or produced foods. Therefore, concern about sulfite exposure is yet another reason to purchase organic foods."

- quoted from - [64.233.169.104]

Date: June 13, 2008 10:42PM

Thanks all. I guess I need to take this all in teh correct spirit. I just feel like I failed somehow. And I know thats not the correct attitude. But I am working thru' all this. Thanks for all tehe support.

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: June 14, 2008 08:26PM

I'm curious to know for how long he was on a raw food diet symptom-free and what he was eating, and if his diet changed right before he started having symptoms.

The immune system is funny. One can tolerate a food for a long time and then suddenly have a problem with it.

The literature is encouraging. I don't know if these guys were raw but almost all of the ones who stuck with the program had good results at one year.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Anyway it could have been other triggers: mold, pollen, dander, that kind of thing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables