Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I got a VITAMIX for my birthday!!!!
Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: June 14, 2006 02:20PM

My wife was very nice and surprised me with a VitaMix (I know some of you suggested the K-Tec, but beggars, or giftees in this case, can't be choosers). We made our smoothies in it this morning -- and there actually was a big difference. Even my wife agreed (she has been rolling her eyes at me as I pined away for a high speed blender to replace the satisfactory but not nearly strong enough one we have had since we got married).

Oh, and seeing as it was my brithday, we went to Pure Food & Wine (here in NYC -- the restaurant of the authors who wrote Raw Food Real World) for dinner. YUM. Love that place.

Happy me. Cheers.

Raw Daddy -- livin' raw and lovin' it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I got a VITAMIX for my birthday!!!!
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 14, 2006 03:17PM

cfd,

I love Pure Bood and Wine too. Also, Caravan of Dreams (my favorite) and Bonobos are all good too!

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: June 14, 2006 03:18PM

Also, congrats on the nice gift. I agree that if someone gave it to me I'd certainly use it. Enjoy.

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: laurie ()
Date: June 14, 2006 03:19PM

I'm SO jealous!!! I must have a vitamix!!!! Happy blending!!!

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 14, 2006 03:33PM

CONGRATS! and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! ! !

Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: June 14, 2006 03:38PM

Thanks everyone! And thanks for the birthday wishes too.

Marcos, we are going to Caravan of Dreams next week with some vegan (non-raw) friends who suggested we try it out. Their menu looks awesome. I have looked at Bonobos too, but we have yet to venture there. We did go to Quintessentials which was good, but not great in my opinion.

Have a good one.

Raw Daddy -- livin' raw and lovin' it

Posted by: blissmummy ()
Date: June 15, 2006 12:52PM

I want a wife!!!

hahajustkiddin

Date: June 16, 2006 11:38PM

cfd,

I loooove Caravan of Dreams. What's cool is that they have cooked, vegan foods for your non-raw friends. The menu is totally yummy and their raw cheesecake is simply divine.

Enjoy and let us all hear about your trip. It's one of my favorite restaurants.

Peace,

Marcos

Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: June 17, 2006 05:24PM

WOW! You are SO lucky! Do you happen to know how much she paid for it? I want one but they are so expensive! Even on ebay!

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: June 17, 2006 06:17PM

I actually have a L'quip adjustable blender... although it doesn't boast the blending power of a vitamix, this is only 1 hp but still quite powerful, the roller speed adjustment is great.. actually ideal situation would be both!!! Maybe I'll have to talk to my wife!!! Yah Pure Food and Wine is a yummy place. Sarma was pretty personable too. I hear Matthew Kenney actually opened up a vegan restaurant in Jersey somewhere.

Anyway, I'm super happy you got a great blender man. With support like that how can you ever go wrong?

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: June 17, 2006 07:04PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY cfd7f!

-Ally

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables