Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Six months raw!! =D
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 12, 2008 08:59PM

Here I am!!

I have gone from sick in bed, addicted to codeine, eating cartons of falafels at 1am, bloated, depressed, feeling lonely-helpless-miserable, to ALIVE!

I still eat too much fat. I've been trying to stick to the 20% mark, but I do go over quite often. I don't know what my original % was pre-raw, but if 20% creates such a challenge, god only knows where it was at before. My nut consumption is a weekly (biweekly?) treat in reasonable amounts... contrast this to me being able to eat $30/nuts/week in my first month raw. I also can't tolerate the nuts from the bulk store anymore--they all taste MOLDY, something I couldn't taste before! So I've made awesome progress.

I also never eat more than 12 hours (10am-10pm), and this is USUALLY only an 8 hour span. Before, I used to eat constantly, all hours. The jobs I worked made it very easy to gorge myself after 11pm. This has worked wonders for sleeplessness, bloating, and gas. It's great not NEEDING to eat right before bed.

I lost a ton of weight (20 lbs.), gained nearly all of it back (15 lbs.), and while that is now stable, my body shape is still changing. Most of my pants that used to fit perfectly, or be too tight around the waist, are too LOOSE around the waist--if I can get them around my hips.

I feel so happy. My head is so clear. I find myself feeling more and more like a kid again.

I've also been experiencing a shift of consciousness, which I think is equally as important as all of the physical, "La la la no more acne!"

I made the decision to stay organic as much as possible. It seems my mind has been shifting to allow nothing other than the most perfect fuel for my body, out of respect. Things grown with respect to the earth also feel much more nourishing in a subtle way--like the seeds of respect are being planted inside me. It's a very strange feeling for words to describe.

Or maybe I should say, destroying entire ecosystems for unsustainable monocropping isn't exactly vegan, so, we should do what we can with respect to the soil and sustainability of what we eat, when we can. Being vegan was about being animal-conscious, for me, but being raw seems more and more about being myself-interrelated-to-the-entire-planet consciousness. *?!* Heavy stuff.

But a daily meditation of giving the best/treating yourself the best demands I carry this into other areas of my life, as well. I've been doing so much emotional housecleaning--this quality of respect, healing, transformation DEMANDS that I deal with all my baggage if I want to keep moving forward, which I absolutely do. The way I deal with problems in my relationships is shifting, all for the better. I feel so much more sensitive to everything and connected--emotions I feel in certain situations, I am able to relate immediately to parts of my body. All of my thoughts, feelings, actions, are being sewn up into this unified sense of being--you can't separate one from the other anymore.

Anyway, that's my six months! This is where the journey has been leading me! It's great, I can't wait to look back in a year. =D

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Six months raw!! =D
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: June 12, 2008 09:09PM

wow!!! what a great post, phantom! I'm so happy for you. I look forward to be too at six months
presently almost 1 month : D

all blessings to you

Cynthia

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 12, 2008 10:53PM

Quote:
"
I have gone from sick in bed, addicted to codeine, eating cartons of falafels at 1am, bloated, depressed, feeling lonely-helpless-miserable, to ALIVE! "

This is extremely inspiring to hear.
It will help me stay on track.
Thanks.

Brian

Date: June 12, 2008 11:28PM

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: June 12, 2008 11:31PM

That's a beautiful post, phantom!!! Congratulations to you!!!!! I look forward to hearing about all of your other wonderful changes that unfold in and around you as you continue this journey!

Lots of love to you!

Wendi
XOXOXO

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: June 12, 2008 11:35PM

Congrats phantom!

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: June 13, 2008 12:05AM

i am so happy for you!!!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 13, 2008 12:56AM

I loved your post, thanks.

Date: June 13, 2008 01:09AM

You're so inspiring...thanks for sharing this.

Raw again since April 29, 2008.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: June 13, 2008 07:01AM

Congratulations on your raw journey. ;=)

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 13, 2008 12:27PM

Phantom--
I just printed your post and put it on my fridge right at eye level. I'm really inspired by it and hope it'll help me make that jump to 100%, because I'm feeling like now's the time for me.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 13, 2008 02:34PM

That's beautiful, Phantom! You're a real inspiration.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 13, 2008 03:51PM

I should have added... I learned so much from everyone here, and hearing what everyone else has to say and how they're doing has helped MAJORLY to keep me on track!

*group hugs* =)

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 13, 2008 06:37PM

*Group hugs* Yeah, doesn't this place RAWK?!!!!

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: June 13, 2008 09:23PM

Many hugs Phantom you are awesome!!! I am very ery happy great job!!!

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: June 13, 2008 09:29PM

HEY Phantom!!

YOU are my inspiration BABY and although I could be your...older sister!!
I cannot wait for you to move in with me in August....

I have A LOT to learn from you sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: June 15, 2008 11:01AM

that's fantastic! Good on you!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 15, 2008 01:52PM

hey phantom

yer post made me happy
smiling smiley

grinning smiley

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: June 15, 2008 05:04PM

Phantom, congratulations. Your testimony is powerful and inspiring to me. I've come to realize there's not "too much" of anything on this raw food path, including the fats. :-D. I think we're all just moving closer to finding true balance, more importantly what this means for us personally and for our (individual) bodies. There's no cookie cutter formula to attain. Balance, peace and freedom is what's all about in my opinion. Enjoy your food and your journey. Thank you so much for sharing. You make me want to stay Raw!

Love,
RawAngel

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 15, 2008 05:49PM

Congrats!! your raw-kin it smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables