Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Salt Article
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 14, 2006 03:53PM

[www.cbsnews.com]

-David Mason

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Salt Article
Posted by: jackie ()
Date: June 15, 2006 01:53AM

Great article!

I've read in the past that a lot of Americans, eating mostly processed and "fast" food, can get up to 10,000 mg salt daily!!!

And it's not the "good" salt like that found in celery.

Well, go figure. People won't listen until they're in major agony, then maybe they'll be open to exchanging their bad eating habits for good ones. Unless they buy into the prescription meds theory.

I'm SO glad I've gotten control of this whole thing. I feel better than ever, and it's such an easy lifestyle!

Oh, well...live and learn!

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: June 15, 2006 04:29AM

Just about all processed food has salt in it that is why it is best to eat natural foods you can get plenty of sodium from bok choy,celery and other greens.

Love Peace and Happiness,
Cherimoya

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 15, 2006 09:57AM

They are also encouraging the FDA to develop warning labels for high sodium foods such as hot dogs and some canned soups.

People are getting sick from hot dogs and canned soups and they blame the added salt. Haha, I love it.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 19, 2006 07:43PM

I read somewhere that in Japan the Ministry of Health some years ago commissioned a study as to why Japan had such a high rate of stomach cancer, and their answer was "salt" - their diet, with all the soy sauce, contained an unusually high level of salt. Thereupon the soy sauce in sushi restaurants was replaced with low-sodium soy sauce, and the country's rate of stomach cancer was cut by 50%.

I think I read that in the book "The Okinawa Program," written by a couple of researchers at Harvard Univ's nutrition program.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables