Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Did everybody get there RDA of Sunshine today?
Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: June 15, 2006 03:11AM

I am just wondering how long most of you spend in the Sun everyday and if it is from outdoor activities or Sunbathing or both?

I Sunbathe about an hour a day if I have the time .

Love Peace and Happiness,
Cherimoya

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Did everybody get there RDA of Sunshine today?
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: June 15, 2006 03:30AM

Hi Cherimoya!

I just ate my first Cherimoya today, you tasted very good. winking smiley

Sun is really important to me, I try to get at least 1hour per day, but it's probably more like 2 to 4 hours per day, longer at the weekends.

I think I get the bulk of my sun light from outdoor activities, running, kayaking, walking, hiking or biking. But if I don't feel like being active, I'll go and stand in some sun light for a little while. Always makes my happy, cheers me up if I'm down or work is not being much fun.

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: June 15, 2006 05:41AM

i'm still waiting for the sun to come out! i live in nw washington state and it's been soo grey and rainy and chilly that it hardly feels like summertime. (well, almost..) looking forward to some sunshine!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 15, 2006 09:54AM

I like a few minutes of sunshine everyday. However I feel fine if I miss a few days, even a couple of weeks. I just catch up with a nice sun bath.

I wonder if vegans become D deficient more quickly if not in the sun for weeks or more. I don't worry about it too much as I have some raw goat cheese from time to time. smiling smiley

Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: June 15, 2006 01:53PM

My dose of sunshine comes from taking my daughter to school in the morning, walking to the subway (5 blocks), walking to the gym at lunch (2 blocks round trip), and walking from the subway home (another 5 blocks) if the sun is still out. It stinks! I am inside almost all day and I have no window in my office. However, my apartment has a lot of windows and so I wake up to the sun (when I don't wake up to the kids!), which is nice. On the weekends I spend as much time as possible outside to get all of that Vitamin D for the week. Funny thing is, I grew up in Miami and was a diver, I used to spend 3 to 4 hours a day in the sun until I went to college. The northeast is definitely deficient in many ways!

Raw Daddy -- livin' raw and lovin' it

Date: June 15, 2006 03:02PM

I just did...I was out on a hike today and I've gotten into the habit of taking my camera because of the natural beauty out there.

smiling smiley

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: June 15, 2006 07:19PM

I'm out in my garden the minute I see the sun come out! I"m addicted! pre raw I used to burn really easily (I have fair celtic skin) but now I go a lovely golden colour, and never burn, even though I don't use sunscreen. (i'm sensible though - I wouldn't go out for hours during the hottest part of the day, for example)

I seem to remember that our bodies can store vit D over the winter months.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables