Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

ringworm
Posted by: redstar_38 ()
Date: June 20, 2008 09:35PM

I have an outbreak of ringworm on my arm.......

Any suggested treatments or similar experiences?

I am using anti fungal cream right now with slow results...

Is it correct to assume that toxins are trying to release themselves from my body?

I am not viewing my outbreak as a negative thing, but I don't want it taking over my arm!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ringworm
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 20, 2008 11:20PM

Ringworm is a parasite that burrows under your skin. It is NOT a fungus! I had a bad case when I was a young lad; caught it from playing with stray cats. The ringworms are releasing toxins into your system so you need to find a way to get rid of them before it spreads (you are contagious!!). I don't know of any naturopathic methods and I think you're better off taking an aggressive approach. If you have access to a medical doctor, they will prescribe a cream that will take care of the issue within a few days and you will get instant relief. There might be some over the counter products but they might take longer to work. Based on my experience, I'd highly recommend a quick trip to the doctor and get it over with ASAP. Good luck!

Posted by: hyldemoer ()
Date: June 21, 2008 01:01AM

Earthman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ringworm is a parasite that burrows under your
> skin. It is NOT a fungus!

Guess again.
[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: June 21, 2008 01:40AM

I had ringworm when I was a child and a old doctor perscribed vasoline mixed with black gunpowder to kill it. (my parents were poor and had those items) One thing you don't do is put a bandaid on it because that makes a moist environment and it grows. You can use some over the counter products that deal with athleats foot, I believe that would take care of it. I wonder if wheatgrass juice would take care of it, it seems to be a cure all for everything. lol.
good luck

Posted by: redstar_38 ()
Date: June 21, 2008 03:05AM

I actually thought about wheat grass!

I will give it a try!

Thanks

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 21, 2008 04:47AM

You might try using otc iodine that costs on a few dollars..it usually has alcohol in it, so you don't want to ingest it..but a little on the ringworm may help. Or try a betadine solution. Along with a topical cream just for ringworm.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: June 21, 2008 05:14AM

I've read that manuka oil is good for treating ringworm.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: June 21, 2008 11:11PM

I had ringworm from rescuing a stray kitten. I got rid of it by applying apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil. I mixed the ACV with a few drops of TTO in a dropper bottle and applied it to my forearm. It burned a little but it stopped the inferno itching. I can handle pain way better than I can an itch.

Supposedly, ACV creates an unfriendly environment for the ringworm and TTO is anti fungal. I bought the TTO for cheap at Wal Mart. Oregano oil works great too and smells good IMO but it's expensive.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 22, 2008 01:25AM

Thuja oil is EXTREMELY anti-fungal, but you might want to Google it for safety tips in application. I know people have used it to blast through warts and other related problems. It will burn like fire if misused, though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables