Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

80/10/10 Question
Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: June 22, 2008 12:07PM

Just starting to read the 80/10/10 book. Can anyone tell me if they felt better going this way after being raw?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 80/10/10 Question
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 22, 2008 08:12PM

I felt better after going that way.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 22, 2008 08:51PM

Certainly did..makes life soo much simpler

feel cleaner, more energy, sleep better and can train harder

whats not to love?!

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: June 25, 2008 01:09AM

I LOVE 80-10-10
Couldn't be raw without it - even though I sway from it, and change it up a lot, I have to go back to it when I start to feel myself slip off the wagon.

Posted by: Iboga ()
Date: June 25, 2008 11:26PM

Its a silly concept to me, framing your dietary regime in such a way, unless simply as a very rough guideline. 80/10/10 is just saying "I eat ALOT of fruit". My trio-balance changes periodically, just as every individual vary greatly.

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: June 26, 2008 12:01AM

Iboga I get that you don't get it.
I wonder if you have read the book.
In the book many aspects of metabolism are explained in detail and together they explain why a low fat diet is best. In the process a theory is presented that explains Diabetes, Candida and other health problems. There are about 150 pages of dietary analysis, and 150 pages with menu plans, a FAQ, testimonials etc.

Date: June 26, 2008 12:07AM

happyway,

I have read the book, and have always felt better eating more than 10% proteins (greens mostly) and 10% [sometimes] fats (including carbs that convert to fat). I eat instinctively not theoretically.

Posted by: happyway ()
Date: June 26, 2008 01:20AM

Iboga

I don't know if it makes sense to ask what percents of protein and fat you do eat since #1 you eat instinctively and #2 it changes periodically, however you must have some rough idea since you know it's significantly over 10%, may I ask: "What works for you?"

Date: June 26, 2008 04:00AM

tons of salad/veggies, blended salads, juice, seeds.., especially super foods like hemp seeds, tahini, sunflower, pumpkin seeds, seaweeds, flax, pollen, algae, mate, burdock, goji/berries, wild foods, olives...

most of these foods have all three macro nutrition!

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: June 26, 2008 05:04AM

Iboga I eat the same way and agree with you. But I'm curious to hear what other's experiences are with 80/10/10. I haven't read the book, but it's on my list. I sense this about to blow up into a debate about other ways to eat. Just wanted to maybe redirect it back on course. Cheers.

Date: June 26, 2008 05:45AM

i find 80/10/10 to be awesome during more cleansing detox phases, for my metabolism

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 26, 2008 07:53AM

I dont count out calories, nutrients or percentages

I eat instinctively... mono fruit, period

80/10/10 Takes the obsession and confusion out of RAW, Just eat what you are drawn to..get outside..play in the sun, run, have fun.. not sit inside obsessing over if your nuts have been soaked long enough!!

Lifes too short dude smiling smiley

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: June 27, 2008 12:17AM

80/10/10 has done wonders for me smiling smiley

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables