Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Organic Multi-Vitamin
Posted by: nik ()
Date: June 23, 2008 07:17PM

Have any of you tried or heard of this organic Multi?

[www.ghchealth.com]

Supposedly it's organic in the sense of inorganic/organic, not organically grown. I would love to find a multi that was both kinds of organic. But the fact that it is organic supposedly means that it is absorbable and useful like plant food as opposed to all the multi's and vitamins that are synthetic.

I like the idea of a superfood mix and green foods, but they usually never say or break down for you the quantities and amounts of different individual nutrients, vitamins and minerals and aminos in the product. And if they do the amounts are generally very little and don't even meet the daily value, which is generally set too low in the first place.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Organic Multi-Vitamin
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: June 23, 2008 11:00PM

I think they are using the term "organic" as in carbon containing, but misleading the customer into thinking "natural" and "without pestidies"

Most of these things are the standard compounds used in cheap multis. It isn't vegan, either. The D comes from fish livers.

I'd look elsewhere. I dislike this kind of hoodwinking.

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: June 24, 2008 12:28AM

Check out "The Synergy Company" , in my opinion they are by far the best and have the most strict standards:
[www.thesynergycompany.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 24, 2008 05:22AM

Yeah, that's what they mean, they don't mean organically grown. Although they do claim that it is "pesticide free". Thanks for the warning on the Vitamin D.

Thanks flex4life. That is exactly the kind of product I was looking for. I forgot about that company. Although I do wish it was 100% organic, I don't think there is anything out there like that. It's only made with organic ingredients, most of it's herbs are not organic. I think I will write them to confirm their tests for purity include testing for pesticide residues and iridation. As well as find out if they specifically source their herbs from naturally grown, pesticide free farms. Also, they are tablets, not capsules, which means they must use high heat to make them. I need to ask them what "100% natural ingredients" they use to make the tablets. I don't get why tablets.

Date: June 26, 2008 04:35AM

So, I wrote to the Synergy Company, and this product is NOT vegetarian. The vitamin D comes from lanolin. The rest are synthetic.

So, I'm still looking for a good organic Vegan multi with good quantities of vitamins. So far it seems like it doesn't exist. Are there not any natural multi's that are grown on nutritional yeast as opposed to synthetic? I'm not interested in all the extras and herbs etc. in it, but if they are there I do want them to be organic. I just want a naturally derived multi that is vegan and bio-available and doesn't contain any fillers and other junk in it. Quantum seems to do this with B-complex, but not a multi of everything. [www.phpure.com]

Date: June 26, 2008 11:28PM

Druckerlabs wrote back and they said that the ingredients are certified organic, and the D3 is from a plant source. I know it's possible for D3 to come from a plant, but it is not common. And it doesn't mention anything on their site about organically grown or certified. It all sounds good, but it is unnerving having only some sales person word on it, believing they know what they're talking about. : (

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: June 27, 2008 04:18AM

Have you looked into [www.newchapter.com] ?

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: June 27, 2008 09:32AM

I would not trust the salesperson, salsepeople don't need to know what they are talking about. It doesn't sound right to me.

I'd go with a company that has a good solid reputation. Solgar does. They don't make crazy claims and they make a veg multi.

I use NOW ADAM for my dogs but I havne't taken one muyself in a long time. It has methycobalamin for B12 which is unusual for an inexpensive multi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables