Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

watercure2
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 15, 2006 03:38PM

Before I start this, I have a few questtions for those of you who have done it.
1. can I spread the salted water out to 20oz. throughout the day?
2. can I add a cuple pakets of sugar in the raw to it to make it taste better?
3. instead of drinking regular water after drinking the salted water, can I drink tea or green tea, too?

I'm just not sure if I need to follow the exact dirrections or if I can make a couple small changes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: watercure2
Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: June 16, 2006 09:47PM

I have a question about this too. I read that if you drink to much water it can be very taxing to the kidneys. I tried doing the water cure for about a week and I was going to the bathroom literally every 20 minutes! Really, 3 times an hour. It was such a hassle!! I mean, it even interupted my sleep. One night I got up as much as 4 times to pee! Is that normal? Every time my urine was completely clear too....like all the water was just going right through me....is this normal on the watercure?

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 16, 2006 11:32PM

luna,

You want to add 1/4 tsp for every 32 oz. of water you drink. Do not add sugar to it or will completely ruin the power of the water and salt drink. Always use a high quality celtic sea salt or himalayan sea salt. Yes, you may drink anything you like after the water but wait about 1/2 from drinking water before consuming another liquid.

Jen, to address your issues, the urine coming out of you should be a light color to clear. It's not unusual to be running to the bathroom often when you first start to hydrate your body. It's not used to be treating with such respect and has to learn how to balance what you're nourishing it with. If you're running to the bathroom frequently then try staggering your water intake. Don't try to get 30 ounces in at one time. Buy a klean kanteen, get the sling that goes with it so you can throw it on your shoulder, take it with you everywhere and sip and drink throughout the day. I drink about sixteen ounces of water, no salt, upon awaking. I fill my 40 oz. klean kanteen and it leaves with me. I finish it off at around three o'clock in the afternoon. I may fill it again when I'm out or fill it when I get home. Either way, I put about 96 ounces of water into my body every day. This feels right to me. Sometimes, I may not feel like drinking as much and I will listen to my body if it tells me it doesn't need anymore. Yes, your body will instruct you.

The watercure is for everyone. The taste of the salt, that makes it taste strange, will eventually become quite pleasant and you won't want to drink water any other way.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: June 17, 2006 12:46AM

for the past day and a half, I've been drinking lemon water with cayanne pepper and a hint of molasses all day. Then in the morning I chug a liter of sea salted water using 1/2 tsp of sea salt. Is this ok, or am I doing something wrong?

Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: June 17, 2006 01:11AM

Thanks Marcos! That helps out alot!

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 17, 2006 01:14AM

Jen,

Glad I could help out. Always make sure you're using purified water and a good salt. Eventually, your body will get used to the water and will start demanding it.

Cheers,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: lilpaws ()
Date: June 17, 2006 06:31AM

luna, are you doing the master cleanse?

Date: June 17, 2006 01:33PM

yeah. Am I doing things right? ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables