Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Food for the ears
Posted by: shane ()
Date: June 26, 2008 05:40PM

We see advice about what to eat to maintain eye health: carrots, blueberries, dark leafy greens, and so on. But I'm wondering about ear food. I spend a lot of time in noisy places -- like loud live music events in tiny clubs with giant speakers thumping away next to my head. I love live music, but at the end of nearly every show, my ears are ringing, and I feel like I'm compromising the longterm health of my ears. Yet who wants to give up the joys of live music?

So, my question is are there foods that are health-promoting for the ears?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Food for the ears
Posted by: nik ()
Date: June 26, 2008 06:30PM

The herb Ginkgo and foods high in zinc.

[findarticles.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 26, 2008 07:10PM

I'm not sure nutrition is the answer to hearing. I think wearing earplugs in slightly to reduce noise levels is appropriate at live venues.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: June 26, 2008 07:15PM

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 26, 2008 08:28PM

Those bright yellow lawnmower muffs from Home Depot are great for many things--especially if your partner snores!

Earplugs are probably more appropriate and fashionable, though. I would definitely take them for indoor venues (or take advantage of outdoor ones?). You can also strategically find places away from the speakers, behind them, not right in front of them.

Just think strategically! It's what I do. =S

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: June 28, 2008 06:03AM

`

High decibel levels will cause nerve damage and I dont think diet can cover for ``that kind of damage.
Also hearing lose is accumulative, small things like a electric drill, hair ``dryer have levels that will for sure damage your ears.
``It is harder physiology to lose your hearing than your eye site that is also a ``fact.
World health org. had resent report on efects of noise polution, it is a big ``killer stroke heart lungs ect. read.
``My ears are shot hearing aid each side, I liked to blame it on the grateful
` Dead but that was only a small part of the ``accumitive efect.
``Shane One thing you might try if you suffer some lose of hearing- I also served in a us army artilery unit and when you enter the machine they test everything on you. My hearing had some lose when I enterd army, shown on their charts.` when I was discharged on their charts again my hearing was perfect. so acording to us army artilery will heal nerve
damage. they never lie you know. I miss the birds songs mabey the rest has been said.
Take care of those ears small things will snuffem
`````````````````````Peace riverhouse

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 28, 2008 02:44PM

the way i see it, u have two choices

1) avoid those places and save your ears

2) continue going to those places with ear plugs, imbibing gingko etc. and still ruin your ears irrevocably to shreds and pieces

up to u

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 28, 2008 03:23PM

Oh my goodness!
I think earplugs are a must.
Please wear them.
I was in a garage band when I was young,and I remember not being able to hear for a few hours after we played.Not good.
Brian

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables