Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

green tea
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 17, 2006 02:58AM

is it good for you or not? I hear soooo much conflicting advice about it, I don't know what's believable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: green tea
Posted by: bronwynsun ()
Date: June 20, 2006 04:21AM

i've wondered this too...can you still benefit from green tea leaves used in cool/lukewarm water? are the leaves in tea bags not raw?
would be grateful for anyone's knowledge! smiling smiley

Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: June 20, 2006 04:40AM

I don`t buy the idea that green tea is a miracle drink,If you like it, by all means go ahead and sip on it, it`s nice...you`re not missing out on anything if you don`t-I don`t think....

Posted by: rawlife ()
Date: June 20, 2006 04:48PM

it looks like green tea is absolutely loaded with fluoride and aluminum.
it appears black tea has many many times the level of fluoride that is allowed in drinking water. green tea is said to have twice as much contamination as others.

[www.mercola.com]
"Tea leaves accumulate more fluoride (from pollution of soil and air) than any other edible plant (1,2,3). Fluoride content in tea has risen dramatically over the last 20 years, as has tea consumption (4).

While in 1976 a Belgian analysis showed content of between 50 and 125 ppm fluoride in 15 varieties of tea (3), a Polish study in 1995 found fluoride content of up to 340 ppm in 16 varieties of black tea (5). A major Canadian study published in 1995 reports average fluoride content in tea to be 4.57 mg/l in the 1980's.(6)

A website by a pro-fluoridation infant medical group lists a cup of black tea to contain 7.8 mgs of fluoride (7), which is roughly the same amount as if one were to drink 7.8 litres of water in an area fluoridated at 1ppm. It is well known that fluoride in tea gets absorbed by the body similarly as the fluoride in drinking water (1,8)."

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 20, 2006 10:49PM

-If YOU believe (as I certainly do) that non-processed fruits and vegetables are of a higher caliber of protient / nutrient / vitality content than processed foods.......then my suggestion is to consume more of those.

-David Mason

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables