Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

master cleanse
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 17, 2006 03:17PM

Is it 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 Tbsp syrup, dash cayanne, per glass, or per 80-100 ounces of water? I don't know what I did with the batch I made yesterday, but it tasted different. I'm mixing 100 ounces in a 2 liter bottle, 2x's daily.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: master cleanse
Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: June 17, 2006 05:34PM

Ok, I have the MC book and this is what is says. So far you have the dosage right.

Combine the juice, syrup, and cayenne pepper in a 10oz. glass and fill with medium hot water. (Cold water may be used if preferred). Use fresh lemons and limes only. Organic only.

Ok, also here it states NOT to use honey as a substitute for the syrup because "honey, being predigested enters the blood directly, raising sugar content very rapidly above normal. To correct this the pancreas must produce insulin immediately or possibe death can occur. More insulin than neccessary is likely to be produced, and the blood sugar level then drops to below normal. This can produce blackout spells and even death if it goes to low. When blood sugar is below normal a person can become depressed....."

It goes on from there but I don't have much time to type..Maybe you should rethink the agave nectar and use syrup???? I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you sad smiley
Maybe you should get this book (it's more like a pamphlet) It's called:
The Master Cleanser
with Special Needs and Problems
by Stanley Burroughs
I got it for $6.50 at a health food store...covers everything.

Date: June 17, 2006 07:33PM

thanks! I'm glad I was doing the right thing. I've been using syrup, even though I don't like it very well. I just add a tad bit more cayanne pepper. LOLOL ! !

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 17, 2006 11:29PM

You can download an adobe pdf version of the Master Cleanse on the internet. I'll post a url for the book below.

[www.frenzy.com]

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: June 18, 2006 12:01AM

Thank you! You guys are awesome!

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: June 18, 2006 04:36AM

hey luna,
i'm on day 30 of the master cleanse and i feel amazing! are you doing the senna tea and the salt water flush as well? in my opinion they are vital to eliminating toxins.

anyway,just wanted to say hello to a fellow cleanser and wish you the best on your cleanse!

Date: June 18, 2006 03:36PM

yep! the salt water flush in the morning actually doesn't taste as bad as I had thought it would. I've always liked senna tea, so that part was easy.LOLOL!

Posted by: koyo06 ()
Date: June 19, 2006 06:24PM

hi marcos,

would you tell me where to go to find an adobe pdf version of the Master Cleanse on the internet ? Everywhere, it"s always about selling cleanse kit or books....

thank you

koyo girl

Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: June 19, 2006 07:16PM

Purenkind -- 30 days of MC? WOW. I lasted all of one before I said forget it and gave up. My wife did the 10 day stint. I am glad it is working for you.

Raw Daddy -- livin' raw and lovin' it

Date: June 19, 2006 07:59PM

raw daddy,

today is day 32 and i feel absolutely fabulous! i finally lost all the weight i've been carrying after having my fifth kid, my skin is luminously glowing, my mental state is extremely clear and i feel more grounded and centered than i have in years. it's been an extremely beneficial experience for me and i plan on doing it 3-4 times a year from now on, though probably not for soo long.
did you wife have a good experience? why did you stop?

luna,

how is your cleanse going?

Date: June 19, 2006 08:04PM

It's going great! I have energy to spare wich is strange for me.LOLOL! I've lost about 8 pounds in 4 days, so I'm happy! I think I might do a 5-7 day each month. Or, maybe 3-5 day........ I'll decide from month to month what my body needs.

Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: June 19, 2006 08:38PM

Purenkind: I stopped because after just one day I was a real jerk (as my wife kindly pointed out to me). I was hungry and it made me mean. We both benefitted from my going back to solid food.

I am thrilled for you that it is going well, that is excellent news. And you too Luna -- power to the MC.

Raw Daddy -- livin' raw and lovin' it

Date: June 19, 2006 09:45PM

what works for some, won't always work for others. Just proof that we're all different.LOLOL! !

Date: June 23, 2006 05:37AM

how's your cleanse going luna?

i finally broke my fast after 34 days. i didn't really have any plans for when i would stop, but this morning when i woke up, after my swf, i just felt like it was time. i feel great! i didn't breakt the fast in the traditional way though. i started with two glasses of oj and that felt really good in my stomach. but then i really craved watermelon so i had some later in the afternoon. i wasn't sure how my system would respond to it but my intuition told me it would be all right, and apparantly it was because now it's late in the evening and my stomach still feels fine. tomorrow i'll probably start with the oj again, then have a salad later in the afternoon. it's really something eating again after all those days. when i was fasting i really wasn't hungry at all, but as soon as i began eating suddenly i feel ravenous! but i'm staying in control and i'm taking it very slow and easy.

hope things are going well with you!
peace

Date: June 23, 2006 11:45AM

Good job! ! I'll bet you've dropped a couple pounds, huh? After just 4 days I had dropped 8. I wasn't hungry either durring the fast. coolness! I think I'm gonna do 4-6 days every month. I think your watermelon is so high in water content that it wouldn't have been an issue for you anyway. There were a couple days that I almost forgot to eat after I broke the fast. LOLOL! !

Date: June 23, 2006 04:45PM

yeah, i lost about 25 pounds. i'm now down to 105, which perfect for me since i'm only 5'2". it's the weight i was before having my 5 kids. last night i was soooo hungry i couldn't sleep! so i had some veggie flax crackers that i had made during my fast and some dates and they were sooo good! i woke up this morning feeling totally great! no stomach problems at all. i guess if a person eats mainly raw foods it's easy to get back into eating without any discomfort. i will probably do the cleanse again later in the summer, but probably not for soo long. i want to enjoy fresh fruits and veggies all summer long then cleanse again when the season begins to change.

Date: June 23, 2006 06:27PM

Good plan, mi' friend! ! I think the once a month thing for me will work well. If I have problems, I can always readjust as needed. I'm 5'3" so I'm shooting for about 110-115. I have no problems with raw foods at all. My diet before, gave me plenty of stomache issues, though. Every thing from gas to nausia. SO, in my opinion, I've made the best choice for me. LOLOL! ! !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables