Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

green tomatoes
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 18, 2006 12:33AM

I went to my local farmers market today and purchased some green tomatoes. I've never eatenm them before and was wondering of you could eat them raw. And, they are a bit hard and was wondering how long it would take to get soft (ripe).

Thanks

B

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: green tomatoes
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 18, 2006 12:39AM

Put them in a dark place for a couple days. They'll turn a pretty shade of red.

Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: June 18, 2006 01:30AM

Mmmm makes me think of Fried Green tomatoes...mmmmmmmm...oops, better go drink some green juice to take away these cravings!

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 18, 2006 01:57AM

something else you can do with green tomatos is dice them with some cilantro,onions,green pepper, black olives, and a couple cloves of garlic. it's an awesome salsa and great in lettuce wraps. If you can handle spice, jalipinos and mild green chilli's are good in this too.

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: June 18, 2006 02:02AM

OMG,

I was thinking the same thing. Fried Green Tomatoes. Yumm. Guess we need to come up with a raw version. I'm salivating here!!! LOL.

Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: June 18, 2006 01:54PM

rawmark..haha, I`m thinking hard-maybe dip them in some sort of raw mixture and dehdryate them? I modified a meaty fried green recipe into a vegan one and it was delish so maybe we can twist it further into a raw one!

Posted by: jackie ()
Date: June 19, 2006 06:30PM

Absolutely delicious pickled!

Down here, I see piles of green tomatoes dumped in the fields for the cattle. They seem to thrive on them. Something for everyone!

I do like the idea of just letting them turn red, though. Easier than that you can't get!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables