Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Frozen Wheat grass
Posted by: Keepitsimple3344 ()
Date: July 12, 2008 08:55PM

I bought frozen wheat grass juice by Evergreen since it was suggested to try it before I invested.

Really expensive (4me) 16 $ for 20 small cubes.

I drank two & it wasnt much juice.Not much for your money & I wondered how that tiny amount could help my body --even long term.

Owner of heath food store told told me she get wheat grass in for me & she sells a juicer that juices that all greens & wheat grass really well but its over 400$ (I already have a very good champion but that wont help 4 whaetgrass)

Any thoughts? Is this "whaeat grass thing" expensive to do or even begin doing?
KISS3344

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Frozen Wheat grass
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 12, 2008 08:58PM

i periodically go into a juice bar and order a 2 oz shot for about 2 bucks. 2 oz is the max they give...even doing it once a week will be beneficial to you...thats only 8 bucks a month...assuming you have a juice bar, smoothie joint, health food cafe around you. it is powerful stuff so yea, that little bit makes a difference smiling smiley
patty

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 12, 2008 09:08PM

food does not help the body, if by that you mean having some sort of curative powers.

food simply gets broken down into micro and macro nutrients, goes into the blood and then to the cells

this has the amazing affect of insuring the NORMAL operations of the body.

so why not eat what tastes good?

believe it or not, raw whole plants that taste good have enough nutrients, and not too much nutrients.

imo :-)

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 13, 2008 12:28PM

I bought some frozen Wheatgrass Juice, and sometimes have it in
Carrot Juice. But there's nothing like growing your own for juicing.....WY

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: July 15, 2008 02:46AM

Your wasting your money with this stuff.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 15, 2008 08:16PM

globalresult Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your wasting your money with this stuff.

And you say this why......

Date: July 20, 2008 02:49AM

Because you don't need wheat grass to be healthy or any of this other Super food stuff.

Better buy fresh ripe organic produce instead.

Date: July 20, 2008 05:45PM

I wouldn't class wheatgrass in the same group as stuff like cacao, corn powder, maca etc. It's just fresh stuff that gets juiced. Also, it's cheap :-)

I felt pretty good when I was drinking it. It has a nice clean taste. Also, isn't it one of the main juices cited by people who have have recovered from illness?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: July 20, 2008 06:23PM

I still have some Frozen Wheatgrass Juice, but can't bring
myself to drink it. I use it in Carrot Juice to massage my
Body. People are always commenting about how 'tanned' I am.....
little do they know.....WY

Date: July 20, 2008 06:26PM

Make sure you don't use too much wheatgras then, WY, don't want to end up looking like the incredible hulk :-)

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: July 20, 2008 07:32PM

Does anyone know how much chlorophyll wheatgrass has in it versus other greens? I tried to google it but I couldn't find what I was looking for.
Also, does chlorophyll help repair DNA? I'm so confused about the health benefits for chlorophyll.

I was very tempted to buy some frozen wheatgrass for my daughter. We're trying to increase her greens. Eventually, I will grow my own wheatgrass. I have some half oak barrels and organic compost. I just don't have a wheatgrass juicer and I can't afford one for now. So frozen might be a good option temporarily.

Date: July 21, 2008 02:26AM

Buy a vitamix and blend greens with some fruit this will be better for your daughter than wheat grass.

Date: July 10, 2013 09:14PM

I have compared my plastic manual wheat grass juicer with Omega 8006 on juicing wheat grass, and i noticed that the pulp of the wheat grass juiced on manual juicer is dryer than the pulp of wheat grass juiced on Omega 8006. The plastic manual juicer is only about $40+. The only problem is you do it manually. If you're not too busy, it's not going to be a problem.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables