Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

tummy troubles
Posted by: leafeater ()
Date: July 16, 2008 03:25AM

My belly is not very happy with green smoothies, I always end up with the runs...it doesn't really bother me but I have noticed some people talking about mono eating, is that what my body is trying to tell me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tummy troubles
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 16, 2008 04:44PM

Maybe? Our guess is less knowledgeable than yours!

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: July 18, 2008 04:55PM

People always worry when we get "the runs" but isn't that a form of detox? I had them a fair bit in the first year and still occasionally get them, fat can make them worse, even the fat I ate the night before.
It takes time to heal a lifetime of SAD eating. More time, more healing.

Posted by: Soraya ()
Date: July 18, 2008 05:06PM

Do you make your green smoothies with fruit? I used to have about two a day for the first couple of months while transitioning to high raw, but then they started bothering me a LOT. I learned then that the fruit / greens combo does not work for me; maybe that could be the issue for you as well? Just a thought...

I've done green smoothies with carrot juice instead, and I'm just fine with that...

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: July 18, 2008 06:31PM

I had severe runs when I started green smoothies. I think they are very cleansing. You may have to slow it down with some vegetables etc., fruit/greens will cleanse you so fast.
I fasted for two to thee days and then the stomach problems went away. Before the fast, I had to go 6 or 7 times. It is nothing but a severe cleansing reaction. Plus it is new fiber and the body is adjusting to that..

Take care
A Iyer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables