Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Book: Living on Live Food
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 19, 2006 08:19PM

Hi, I'm new here and also new to raw foods. For a beginner intro book, with recipies and how to's, would you recommend "Living on Live Food" by Alissa Cohen? The book sounds good, but a bit scary...she recommends throwing out everything in your cupboard that's not live, and just jumping into 100% raw. I'm thinking a 20 year old body may be able to adjust, but a 40 year old body may protest pretty loudly.

I have been eating animal products, along with whole foods, mostly cooked. I want a book that will cover all the basics plus have good recipies.

thanks,
Metta

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Book: Living on Live Food
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 19, 2006 08:32PM

I think it would make a lot more sense - and probably ensure that you'll love the diet in the future - if you transition gradually.

In the beginning if I had a craving for something I just ate it - and I found that the more raw food I ate, the less cravings I got. Eventually the Ben & Jerry's would just sit in my freezer untouched, and I was telling everyone "this is the easiest diet I've ever done!"

I still eat the occasional non-raw food. Who cares. I have faith that eventually I'll only want raw food.

Go easy on yourself.

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 19, 2006 09:48PM

I tried transitioning slowly, but after a couple days of raw foods, other stuff didn't agree with me so well. I'd still advise the slow transition, though. I wouldn't jump into anything until you know how you'll adjust....

Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: June 20, 2006 02:45PM

I think it would be good to first wean yourself off from animal products, then add one raw meal per day to your diet and then proceeding from there, only as you`re comfortable. It helps from going back and forth...
"Fit for Life" is always a good choice for weaning oneself off animal products while adding fresh foods..

smiling smiley

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: June 20, 2006 05:34PM

Gradual transitions are amazing... I don't even LIKE most of the food I used to, and I've been wading into this diet one toe at a a time!

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 20, 2006 06:47PM

In a way, I think if you just jump into raw foods without knowing first what you're doing, you start to feel like it's a "DIET" instead of a lifestyle change. Then the feelings of depriving yourself start and it makes it harder to stick with. That is just an opinion of course, but then, some do great just jumping in and taking that leap of faith....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables