Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

redness around fingernail beds
Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: July 25, 2008 11:51PM

Does anyone here have extremely red circles around their fingernail beds? If so, what does it mean? Have you had it and has it gone away on 811?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: redness around fingernail beds
Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: July 26, 2008 07:23AM

Are you talking about the moon itself which is supposed to be whitish, or is this a red area surrounding the moon?

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 26, 2008 10:52AM

what does it mean if a person doesn't have a fingernail "moon" ?

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: July 26, 2008 03:38PM

Ok, you are supposed to have 8 moons (lunulae) because the pinkys don't have them. Having small or fewer lunulae seems to be a sign of less oxygen in the blood.

[en.wikipedia.org]
Receded lunulae (fewer than 8) are associated with poor circulation,[citation needed] shallow breathing habits or thyroid mysfunction

[www.naturalhealthtechniques.com]

A good practitioner of this art can look at a patient's nails and be able to tell which organs are weak and which are healthy. Since the nails are the last to receive oxygen because they are the farthest from the heart, they are often the first to show signs of disease processes.

Each finger reflects what is going on in specific organs. Let's start there:

What to Look For:

The Thumb: Reflects what is going on in the brain, excretory system and in the reproductive organs.

Index Finger: Reflects what is going on in liver, gall bladder or nervous system.

Middle Finger: Reflects what is going on in the heart and circulation.

Ring Fingers: Reflects what is going on in the reproductive organs and the hormonal system.

And the Little Finger: Reflects what is going on in the digestive system. . .

The Lunulae (Lunula is singular form, Lunulae is plural. The lunulae are those little white moon things at the base of the nail): There should be 8 of these. The lunulae on the little fingers should be missing according to Eastern Medicine Philosophy.

Fewer than 8 lunulae: Many rule-outs here such as poor circulation, anemia, fatigue, not enough oxygenation or exercise, heart disease, imbalanced nervous system, numbness, protein deficiency, Vitamin A deficiency or weak-spirited (low life force or "chi"winking smiley. The most common cause I see is that people forget to breathe and forget to take deep breaths. Check out my Basics of Breathing handout and practice some meditation.

Lunulae are red or blue or there is a reddish or bluish tinge just above the lunulae but not on the rest of the nail: Heart disease, heavy metal poisoning or lung disease.

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: July 26, 2008 11:40PM

Thank you for the info. It is very interesting. I actually am talking about the skin below the fingernails themselves. About a 1/2 inch or so is very red - Looks very weird and unhealthy. One ayurvedic doc said fungus and parasites. I don't know..... It certainly says something. Because they are flaming red!

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 27, 2008 01:00AM

i only have 2 lunae....on each thumb....just noticed this
patty

Posted by: flash ()
Date: July 29, 2008 08:22PM

I have 10. What does that mean?

flash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables